Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toasters

Myles

Hmm, Ross's thread about kettles has reminded me that I want to invest in a new toaster.

The loan-item in the flat is pants - two-slot (narrow slots at that). In fact the slots are narrow in both critical dimensions - you can't get hand-cut bread in there (too thick) and commercial sliced bread (well, Tesco's Finest stylee) is too wide (so you have to cram it in).

What I want is a full-length single-slot adjustable-thickness job - so you can do four slices at once (either a genuine four-slicer, or one with a single-slot where you can pop two pairs in (back-to-back - toasting each slice on one side only before reversing each pair to complete the process).

Of course, I've got two of these in storage in Dubai - but I need one in Scottingland too...

Anybody seen one for reasonable (£20ish or less)? I'm not sure Tesco's have such a great range...

Or was that TMI on the toaster-front? *confused* *wink*

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Interesting idea Delbert...

...I'm not wildly keen on this grill though - you have to close the door for it to work.... *confused* *mad*

...leads to much openy-closey door-action. Loads of faff and risks burning the toast without noticing (at least the kitchen fills with smoke if you turn the toaster up too much....)

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I have to admit to owning a dualit toaster similar to that shown here **

It was bought as a gift, and I have to say, it is remarkably good at cooking bread *smile*

But it isn't your average £20 toaster..........

** I would like to point out that I don't work for Dualit or teh website shown, it was just the first site with good pictures returned from Google