Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S Type Interior Trim

Mike C

Well, to save anyone else the trouble, what are they worth?

And yes, I have a pair, black leather with red piping, but as they are the most comfortable 7 seats I have ever sat on/in, someone would have to make me an offer that I just couldn't refuse or even understand[!] if I was to sell them.

I sold a pair of the said seats together with the leather covered dash and the leather transmission cover, wehn I converted K2 RUM from a snesible car into that what it now is, back in 1994/5.

At that time, and in mint condition, I sold the whole lot for £600

I would say now, they are worth about half that... They are after all extremely heavy.

Arnie Webb

So fat the chassis snapped....wink.gif

See Fat Arnies 2 piece Seven here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here

No, not really Mike, I find them far too comfortable, even though they do weigh a ton each.

There is a company who claim to have designed the "S" type seat and made them for Caterham and still make one very similar, and who may be persuaded to make a replacement "S" design. From memory I think that the company is the Richfield seat company. I was talking to the guy at the Exeter show last year and he was telling me all about them. If it isn't Richfield, I'll look up the advert in an old Kit Car mag. and post the contact details if you're interested.

They were all amde by Oxted Trimming. I went to thier premises to chose the leathers when mine were made.

Corbeau copied them with a very poor quality replica for a while but stooped quite quickly - perhaps some litigation from CCL???

Arnie Webb

So fat the chassis snapped....wink.gif

See Fat Arnies 2 piece Seven here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here