Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Weekend spannering./ Mav has lots to answer to..

neil.cavanagh

progress so far:

three shedders (thanks Steve and Alan!) help me:

drill three holes in chassis for attaching aluminium plate for apollo. riveted in.

drilled one extra hole to 'add lightness' *cool*

fashione funky mounting bracket for top of apollo. riveted aforementioned on to chassis . (no extra holes for lightness this time!).

I then proceeded to drill lots of holes inside the cockpit... result. rivet dust and swarf everywhere. but finally knee panels came off... all in prepation for 'project shhhh..

got home.. car now on stands with sump plug and filter removed awaiting apollo tank completion tomorrow.. 10L of Halfrauds finest is all lined up.

thanks once gain to Steve and Alan, and Mrs B for the cups of tea and biscuits! *thumbup* *thumbup*

And tyhe foamy bit in the sump would have been changed, a chienese eaten, a set of wheels sold and then following refreshing abloutions a big drink 😬 😬

Me I supervised, added encouragement, generrally tried to be helpfull 😬 😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

just making me spend lots of money on bits for the car... ok I don't need encouragement really!! 😬 😬

drilling the rivets out for the knee panels took more effort than we(I) thought. but after the 1st panel took close to 1 hour.. the 2nd took about 15 min. pretty good learning curve!

I'm just hoping the apollo all slots together nicely now. Though drilling the holes to mount the switch for water vs oil temp on the dash might have to wait until another day.

I did not make you spend any money

In fact you spent money without asking my advise first, which would have SAVED you money...

Apollo will go on dead easy...

Make sure you get the pipes on the sandwich plate really really tight.

Do them up using a vice to hold the plate and get then super duper tight. In fact make sure they are FT!!!!

Mav,

does the FT comment apply to both the adapter thingies into the sandwich playe and then the oil pipe unions onto the apater thingies?

plus, how FT do the other end of the pipes onto the tank have to be?

should I put some PTFE tape onto each and every threda? (apart from oil temp sender).

and I'll consult before next purchases! (any thoughts on lowered floor kits?)

By the way the tank will make a massive difference. Zena got thrasjed within an inch of her life with Delberta shouting for more....

And No Cavitation......

Unlike the old days when there would be a screaming for oil on a regular basis 😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

all the fittings on the plate need to be ft

the fittings to the tank need to be tight

I did not ptfe the fittings on delberts car.

I can see no way of getting thelowered floor any cheaper, than from caterham, but it should not be that difficult to fit...

does the FT comment apply to both the adapter thingies into the sandwich playe and then the oil pipe unions onto the apater thingies?

FT pretty much everywher but use 2 spanners on the tank unions ... or you *will* distort the tank.

Andy