Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Video camera mount ?

Brad Tipp

Don't know how much the Demon Tweeks one is, but I bought one from Jessops... www.Jessops.com

Manfrotto Super Clamp £23.95 plus a Manfrotto Quick Release Adapter Plate at £23.95 for the fastening for the camera.

Amazingly stable - same type as used to video Richard Ince around the 'Ring in April.

Hope this helps

I bought a video camera for £100 and to fix it to the car I got a bit of wood the same shape as the headrest fixing bar and cut though at an angle identical to that which the seat back forms with the floor. Screwing one to the other produced a horizontal platform which can be slotted in place of the passenger headrest. A bolt through the wood and some spongey stuff on the platform holds the camera in place. This was a bodge to test the camera was ok - couldn't be bothered buying a fancy digital one. It works so well I might never get round to doing it properly! As I had everything lying around it's pretty good value for money. Watching the footage I realised why my girlfriend is such a nervous passenger! I played around with shutter speeds and focusing and got a very good result pretty quickly.

Piers

Edited by - PACR on 20 Jul 2001 10:02:52

Mine cost mew £6.50 for the mount, and 20 minutes with a welder to fashion a mount for the "Petty Bar".

At Brands 2 weeks ago, Duke videos put their camera on my roll bar, then in the afternoon put it on my Petty bar device. I did 10 or so laps dicing with Richard Ince and Duke were astounded by the quality and are going to use the footage unedited in their new trackday video. - Just shows you don't need to throw money at these things.

Jules

I used the manfrotto quick release and mounted it to a piece of bent ally bolted to the hole for the petty strut. It's completely solid but only works with an FIA bar and without a passenger. A wide angle lens is also a good idea and cheaper to replace than your camera!

I'll post a pic of the mount soon.

I also bought one of the Demon Tweeks ones whicch is a very smart piece of kit BUT the clamp to clamp it to the bar would wreck the paint. I'm going to have to modify it a bit before it's seven friendly.

Alex

I've got a demon tweeks camera mount up for sale. Its never been used. I ordered it, waited ages, in fact so long that I forgot to cancel it after I had sourced another unit.

I suppose I could try to return it to Demon as I bet there are loads on the waiting list as I was.

Any offers over £70? (£10 will go to NTL)