Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil filters-pressure relief valves

Rowly

I have had lower pressure on my 1600 Xflow since fitting a new filter and oil. The oil was the same but I took a guess at which filter I was using and ended up with a C104.

I have purchased a new filter today based on my original Fram PH966B its an AlcoSP828. A search on the forums seems to show that others have experienced similar problems. Now I have recently learnt that the C104 has an internal pressure relief valve, spring mechanism gizmo in it. Could this be the reason for the lower pressure reading?

I shall fit the filter tommorrow.

Ohhh I bet none of you can wait to hear the result *wink*

Owner of *thumbup*The Wombat *thumbup*

L7OC member

28,500 so far

Hello

I dont know if this matters, I dont think so, but Fram filters and some other brands have a spring loaded valve in it to prevent oil to leave the filter when oilpump not is rotating.

Check by blowing / sucking in treaded hole.

bengt.metz@tele2.se

Bemeco

Bengt Metz

+4640546729

bengt.metz@tele2.se

Well the moment you've all been waiting for *tongue*

The right filter has a remarkable difference to the wrong filter by 1/4 to 1/2 a bar on my VDO gauge.

The C104 does indeed have a load of gubbins in the bottom, a spring is visible. The new one has nothing, you can see the bottom of the can. I now get my normal 3 bar on start and 2 1/4 on normal running, down to 1 1/2 at idle. Hurrah 😬

Owner of *thumbup*The Wombat *thumbup*

L7OC member

28,500 so far