Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall C20XE Engine for sale

_Ben_

Hello, I'm new here. Was pointed in this direction by a member of SELOC.co.uk. Due to a change in direction (and the lure of an Elise) I have a reasonably highly tuned 2ltr C20XE engine for sale. The engine has less than 5k road miles on and any professional inspection is welcomed. The engine is currently fitted to the vehicle so can be seen running.

Head:

* Jenvey 45mm direct to head throttle bodies with backing plate and filter

* 4 Bosch 803 (dark green) injectors

* Ported Coscast cylinder head with SBD modification to heater matrix coolant outlet (can be blocked off for you die-hards)

* QED 450 Inlet/Exhaust camshafts (298deg duration 0.445in lift - shimmed and timed to QED fast road/track specification - details on request)

* QED verniers

* OEM inlet and exhaust valves

* SBD double valve springs

* SBD titanium spring retainers

* SBD lightweight solid lifters with SBD top hat shims

* Steel headgasket

Block + Bottom End:

* Standard C20XE webbed cast iron block

* 87.5 SBD/Omega high compression non-dished skirted pistons (calculated 11.5:1)

* SBD/Arrows 86mm stell conrods

* SBD heavy duty main and big ends.

* ARP2000 Conrod bolts

* SBD heavy duty cap head main bearing bolts

* OEM oil pump with steel (non-sintered) pump gear.

* Nylon oil pressure relief valve.

* Standard alloy sump (has only had road use - for track would recommend big wing or fully baffled)

Electronics:

* MBE 956e ECU with uprated coil driver ICs (some ECU's suffered from these burning out)

* Full FWD loom as supplied by QED motorsport (non-barometric)

* Wasted spark coil pack

Mapping:

The engine has been fully road mapped twice. First with standard Vauxhall exhaust manifold (to run in) and secondly with SBD/BTB type C manifold (and accompanying exhaust system). The engine has not been on a dynamometer however, this can be arranged. The approximate power and torque for this engine 245bhp/178lbft.

The asking price is £5000 or near offer. For any more information please email me on ben@tunguska.uk.net. Full receipts and pictures of the rebuild are available.

At extra cost, a Racelogic traction control system can be supplied. This includes 4 wheel sensors, full instructions and configuration software+cable.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It show how things can change. Not long a ago, this engine would have been sold within a day of it appearing. I don't know what it cost Ben to have it built, but when I had SBD build me a 245 engine to this spec. back in the mid 90's, they took over £10k off me, not including the £1200 I paid for a low mileage engine 😳 Admittedly I had a dry sump system, but everything else was more or less the same. I'm almost tempted to bid Ben a couple of thou. because it is such a great bargain......... except I'm getting all excited about a certain ali. engine made by the Ford MoCo. 😬 But surely one you Vauxhall boys must be interested?

Paul J. Hard work never killed anyone ........ but why take the chance!