Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2 aeroscreens, speedo drive

Irrelevant

RIF aeroscreen, done 10 miles, excellent condition. Was a second (negligible ripple), only holes on outside are the ones to bolt it to the windscreen front mounts. Lovely aeroscreen, works very well - I just couldn't see where I was going as my seat's so low: £110 (forgotten what it cost but it wasn't much off the full price)

Stuart Taylor fiberglass aeroscreen in black. Has been on my car for 9 months or so but having lowered my seat even more, I have had to fit a perspex screen. Will fit behind a normal windscreen if mounted in the correct place whilst still giving enough space to popper a tonneau down: £50 (cost £80+ as a rough cast chunk of fiberglass, took hours of Dremelling to shape)

Ford type 9 right angled speedo drive. Brand new, never fitted: £35

Let me know if you want any pickies.

Accumulating bits . . .

I am presently struggling to make an aeroscreen. I have broken 2 saws & cant find a jigsaw. I have a big piece of plastic cluttering the garage up. I am interested in the cheaper Stuart Taylour 'screen, to see wheher I like aeros or not.

Couple of questions - is it readily interchanagble with the wind screen, like RIF is? I dont really want to drill any extra holes in the scuttle - dos it attached at the leading edge windscreen mount?

Does it look good, or should I pay a bit more for a RIF one? Dont suppose youve any pics with it on your car?

Ive also got 2 SPA rear view mirrors (again Blatchat!) - can you attach mirrors to the screen itself?

Id like first refusal on it all the same, as I can see my home made job taking months & looking crap!!

Edited by - TomB on 23 Aug 2004 23:26:58

TomB: This is the Stuart Taylor one. If you put it in the right place you can fit a windscreen in front of it - i.e. it doesn't need to come off. It will require 5 holes or bonding to the scuttle. Mirrors will go onto screen OK - it's thick and strong.

Accumulating bits . . .