Click here if you are having website access problems ×

just an idea......

jon1

now, this is probably a numptie question and bearing in mind i'm not the m,ost technically/mechanically mind person around.........

Is it possible to make a VX HPC chassis into an R500 chassis?? Could Arch do this or would it be chaper to buy one and start again?? *confused*

Has anyone done this? any experience??

thanks *thumbup*

Mark,

What do you imagine the benefits are??

The anti-dive front geometry does nothing, all you would gain is the front mounts for a roll cage and the watts link mounts at the rear (these will make a VX turn in even worse)

Ex Fat Arnie

Fat by a different name.

Arnie,

I was under the impression that the R500 Chassis was much lighter than the HPC variant *confused* I was hoping to get the cars weight down *confused*

Reason i started to think of this is i know of one very high powered 7 out there that is basically an R500 with a highly tuned VX engine. That got me thinking of weight savings etc........

am i way off the mark??

thanks again *thumbup*

Mark, get some carbon wings and nosecone from Arnie (week or two by more calcs). the interior and boot from RiF, some Tillets and you will save about 40kgs. Will be chaeper than a new chassis, it's not the chassis it's the fittings.

My next weight reduction programme is an ali gearbox case and cf body, sideskins and rear panel. new lightweight wheels & tyres should be here tomorrow. Car currently weighs 539 (all fluids and 1/2 tank fuel). Object is to get car below 500kgs and me below 14 stone. car will get there before me but I am trying (some say very)

norman verona

1989 BDR 220bhp

Mem No 2166

the full story here

• Leadership Team

Norman,

I am also hoping to buy an Ali gearbox case from Quaife in the next couple of months. I was considering seeing if anyone else was interested to get a bulk buy going as AMMO had some considerable success last year doing the same. What are your timescales?

Regards - Michael.