Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wow - Spooky

I.Mupferit

Realised this weekend that I owned my first 7 for exactly 7 years and 7 days, then ordered my new 7 exactly 7 days later.

Spooky or what, is it a good omen 🤔 *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Brent

Waiting for my Duratec SV 😬

Edited by - BRENT CHISWICK on 23 Aug 2004 10:45:57

Haven`t had the confirmation through yet but I would imagine the following week given that I`ve ordered a week later. I`m hoping it might be w/e 29th as I already have a week booked off work.......but I can always change that if necessary.

It`s all very exciting

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Simon, have they tried to impose the 'Duratec premium'? They subsequently did with me *mad* although I am not giving in easily.

Peter McEwen tells me that the only extra work involved is a bit of additional bracing around the diff ie about 3 quids worth of material and, maybe, 20minutes more work to fabricate.

A right royal rip-off for £550 IMHO

Brent

Waiting for my Duratec SV 😬

Brent

I thought I`d got away with it but I`m being charged as well.....mind you they quoted me £500.

I`ve spoken to a few people inc. Raceline, Mick Attree and Len Unwin and had a close look at a K chassis.

The mods are:

Strengthening of diff mounts - this is essential

Removable right hand engine diagonal - probably not essential but makes it easier. I`m told this is required for the Minister exhaust headers

Relocation of brake pipe to front brakes to left hand side to keep away from the exhaust - sensible

Relocation of washer bottle bracket - not essential but makes for a tidy install as it would otherwise need to mount on scutle

Relocation of fuel line to left side of tunnel, again not essential but easier for the duratec.

Relocation of exhaust mount - again not essential as you can apparently rig something up of the lap belt mount.

I`m told the reason for the charge is because it is different rather than the amount of work, ie it has to come off the production line at Arch and be treated sperately.......

Still not happy about it mind you *mad*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec