Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blats to Angelsey

neil.cavanagh

Just wondering how/when shedders where planning to arrive/get to Angelsey in a few weeks time for 'Mav shows off how many friends he has 2'??

I'll be arriving thursday night.. probably straight from Middlesbrough (work week hell at the mo). Who'll be there for beers in the Anglesey Arms on thursday night? JUst wondering if I should make an effort to get there early to allow time for ale enjoyment. Obviously friday evening post track will be many tales of steering wheel skills over beers....

Has someone booked the cute barmaid again??? 😬 😬

cool!

I'll bring my screw driver so that I can 'borrow' Mav's aeroscreen whilst he isn't looking! 😬 😬

Seriously.. .make sure I buy you both a drink to say thanks for all the organisation... and we can plot how to bring Nasty Boy Davis down to size as well! 😬 😬 😬

should be fun!

Mav,

I was going to try and prep my car for coming aeroscreen pleasures this weekend. I assume I need to remove the interior 'knee' panels so you can get at the back of the nuts/bolts that hold the screen on. I guess it will be power drill time to attack those pesky rivets!

and I've just lined up an appollo tank, so if I'm feeling brave I'll be installing that this weekend to.

Neil,

my knee trum is screwed in place so is easy to remove. Once out, you will beed some very small connectors to allow you re connect / disconnect the wires for the heated screen...

Apollo is easy to fit. About 4 hours work - ask delbert - we did his the other weekend

delbert,

no trailer yet.. looks like I'll be driving the Caterham there and back...

Mav.. sticky keyboard today?>? 😬 😬 I knew that one of the jobs is to put some connectors on the heated screen. A trip to maplins to find some suitable ones is in order I think.

I haven't drilled out rivets before. Is it as simple as taking a drill bit slightly small than the rivet head to it and drill through the centre until the head falls off?

I'm pretty sure I'll be driving over this time, (as opposed to trailering).

My only concerns is that very very boring A55 dual carriageway along North Wales.

On a brighter note though, there are tunnels 😬

Any-one else coming from the Sheffield area??

Neil,

Just run a directions print to see which way it would suggest going, (here) and it only looks like we do the same bit of the A55

Just been looking at the Map, and we might take a very cross country route, leaving early and go via Chapel En Le Frith, Macclesfield, Crewe, Wrexham and then up the A5 through Betws-y-coed. Any-one travelling on that route?