Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harness rant

Hibster.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I waited in all morning for the Parcel Force man to arrive and finally he did

New toys, lovely new toys............

Read the instructions, hhhhhmmmmmm, funny adjustment, searched in Techtalk, oh no, these have got the wrong size (i.e. Willans standard) bolt holes and the you need to use a spanner to adjust the lap strap (i.e. it's designed for single seater racers where you don't wear a t-shirt one day and 3 fleeces and a coat the next day)

A quick call to the maker and it's all confirmed that this will not fit my car *mad*

So back to DT who had most recently said that they would have stock today and so could get it to me at home by Wednesday so I could fit before I leave for my mid-way break. And what do you know, their stock won't be in until tomorrow and so they couldn't get it to home until after I've left *mad* *mad*

More calls to Dave K, and it turns out they've not got 3" shoulder and either 2" or 3" lap in any colour (6 combos, 2 sizes 3 colours) from Willans.

So I could have a Caterham set delivered tomorrow or wait until Thursday and get a Willans set by stoping off in Wrexham , I really am going to be fitting them in the car park

Neil I'm only going to be doing this in order to provide you with a whole load of entertainment but bear in mind I will have a spanner in my hand at all times and you'd look silly with a black eye

And there was me not planning to bring any tools at all, just some oil and my RAC card and now I'll be carrying the kitchin sink *mad*

Arrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Supercheese R250

good luck Paul!

If i was you i'd go for the collecting in person route.

Have you tried Grand Prix Racewear? (fairly obvious website). They have a store in chiswick which is very easy to find from end of M4 or one at silverstone. (and you can take a diversion through the terminal 1,2,3 LHR tunnel on the way in... not to be mised if in the caterham).

Give them a call and see what they have in stock...

I've got a VERY small selection of tools with me, and will be willing to help... though pointing and making fun is preferable to actually getting 'down and dirty', and after my apollo exploits, do you REALLY want me to help!

Good Luck old bean.. I think your going to need it! *thumbup* *thumbup*

I'm sure the dogs are trained to give them a good lick before they are shipped so they don't need further cleaning before fitment

I'm just back from the Post office returning the one that Merlin sent me, they didn't smell the least bit doggie so perhaps the single seater ones are produced using cats

Paul

Supercheese R250