Click here if you are having website access problems ×

vvc Radiator

stugrip

advise needed, Fan runs, quite frequently temp increases on sustained motorway 70 ish miles per hour, suspect thermostat or radiator. will change stat first. any advice on source for Rad? cost priority.

Thanks

stuart

Its blue 150 bhp

I like it

Hi Stuart,

I have a standard 150 bhp vvc w reg 2000 (9k miles). The rad is in excellent condition, and there are no overheating problems.

I bought a new aluminium rad for my last Caterham, but never got round to fitting it. As long as it will fit this car, I will have the original to sell if you find you need it.

I am in West Sussex.

Regards,

Paul.

thanks Paul, Hope fully i will do the themosat at the weekend but on inspection of mine the front exterior looks tired so my thought is v likely a rad change. Is it the original rad or the ally you never fitted you have for sale, and how much?...

regards

stuart

Its blue 150 bhp

I like it

Dear Stuart,

The new Radtec aluminium radiator cost just over £200 from memory - I got discount as I got in at the end of a bulk buy by Caterham owners. It's a lovely piece of engineering. I need to check if it will fit the VVC as it was purchased for an HPC.(pretty sure it will). I'll phone Radtec this morning. I don't mind which I keep really, but if possible would want to get near what was paid for the ali one if it is sold. The original.........do you have an idea of a fair price?

I bought a fine mesh grille from Redline Components which fitted behind the 7 grille of my HPC. I don't know if it restricts the air flow a little, but it stops any stones etc hitting the rad. I shall get another one for this car.

Let me know your thoughts on the rads.

Where are you based? I am in Worthing.

Regards,

Paul.

Dear Stuart,

The £50 was for the original rad in my car. As mentioned, I would want to get close to the amount I paid for the new ally one if I sold it.

As I didn't hear from you for several days after I mentioned a price, I assumed you didn't want it. A friend has now agreed to buy the ally one. Sorry.

Regards,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...