Click here if you are having website access problems ×

grrrrrrrrrrr

Tam

Sorry for the rant but I have just found out that there will be no trains stopping at my station at all next week *mad* Bloomin' marvellous - that must be what I pay more than £2k a year for *mad* *mad*

What's worse is that there was nothing, zilch, the square root of f*** all about it at the station this morning so I could cheerfully have turned up as usual on Monday to no avail 🙆🏻

Sorry about that, had to get it out of my system - I' knew you'd understand *thumbup* I think a consolatory bacon sarnie may be in order.............

Tam..Which station is this?????

The Train Operating Company will have to lay on buses to relieve the lack of train service, but it's still no excuse for not posting this well in advance, unless it's emergency work.

I just hope it's not us (my employers) who have caused this... ☹️ ☹️

Dannyboy - 92,000 miles and rising *tongue*

Dannyboy - there is a bus replacement service but previous experience tells me that it will probably take longer than the estimated time and will miss the connection ☹️. And besides, it's a faff I can do without at 7 in the morning! The station is Burnham in Bucks. The posters up in the station this morning only referred to this weeks' engineering work (affecting late evening services) - I only found out about next week because a friend happened to look at FGW's website

I'm probably being a bit huffy about it, but I'm a female commuter and that's my perogative. In fact I'll hold you personally responsible even if its nothing to do with you *tongue*

Bacon sarnie has also improved my outlook on the world *thumbup*

Phew....

Luckily we (Osborne) are not doing any work there 😳.....thought I was in trouble for a minute.... 🙆🏻

I will have a look at the Network Rail works schedule, if I can get into it, and find out whether it is planned for the whole week...Not promising much info, but will do my best....

Anyhow, the works won't actually make any difference, they only do it to encourage huffiness of female commuters 😬 😬 😬 🙆🏻

Ah yes but your signs are all over the M42 " Sign Gantry " Roads works.

Lane closed to protect work force my 🙆🏻. It would be safer if I could not see the whites of thier eyes, well that is assuming the 2 miles of cones isn't just protecting Badgers *eek*

Let that cat out of the bag didn't you 😬 😬 😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Badgers equal ideailic country vista

Motorways equal uber tugs doing 90 mph( well everybody elses 😳)

2 miles of empty, coned off lanes equals ubbertug doing diddly squat

See the prb 🤔

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Don't wander off to Ambridge though........

Actually some of your relatives have sought sanctuary in my parents fields in Devon, little Badgers frollicking in moonlight... V relaxing *thumbup*

On the A22 Polegate bypass we had to build a tunnel for Badgers to cross the road....

For a year after it was open someone had to go along every week and lay a trail of peanuts along the boundary of the site leading to the badger tunnel to get them to use it..

Badgers like peanuts 😬 😬 😬 Sounded like a great job *biggrin* *biggrin*

And the reason that we have such long lead in to roadworks is to slow cars down...You may not that they make you chicane around lanes as well. This is stipulated by Highways Agency design codes for traffic management! *mad* We had 4 people mowed down doing motorway works over the past 3 years, 3 fatalities and 1 serious injury *mad* *mad* *mad* I don't wanna be one of them people

Dannyboy,

Of coarse I know your right, 20. odd years ago as a setting out engineer on the M25/M4 interchange I had a Ford Capri take out my Theodolite, and at that time we didn't even have Flourescent jackets at night let alone all day.

we tried little hats and steall toe capped booties but like the Engineers no flouro...

Now maybe that could save the tunnels and peanuts..

< Money grabbing/ making oppourtunity hat on>

Site saftey gear for Wild life

Low flying lights for Pheasants

Directional stability control for Rabbits

" Heavy Deer Crossings"

Mrs Miggins Wildlife ambulance and reserrection collection vehicles

(runs off to propose new business plan , its got to be better than Polystyrene)

It was C*rdek!!! they supplied lots so we could build our ground floor slab on it 😬 😬 😬 😬

It was nice, but very expensive ☹️ So I designed a bridge over the railway from it 😬 😬 😬 like a big lego set that we can run dumpers n'stuff over 😬 😬 😬

I like big toys like that *tongue*