Click here if you are having website access problems ×

alternator

henry21p

anyone replaced theirs for something better/has old one in a box that I can have?

mine is suspect and possibly the source of problems and I need to replace it to test the system.

(mine has now done circa 85-90,000 miles and is old tired and broken)

May be able help here Dave-as i speak my alternator which i promise works pefectly fine is being replaced -my mechanic mike stewart said i really needed a fancy uprated Bosch alternator with a larger pulley to cope with the higher revs on my Cosie ,even though my current one was working just fine and the car has only done 20K miles -its marked as a Valeo [apparently he said looks like a Paris Rhone ,whatever make that is ].I couldn't swear if its the original alternator as ive not had the car for long[since may ] ,and i would expect with the Cosie for the original alternator to be a Ford as well .

Once i get my cosie back [im told 1st week in Sept ],i can send it on if you want .

Regards,Brian

89 HPC BDR 170 bhp yellow / black cycle C6 BJL

Blatting around Angus and Perthshire with a permanent grin

# 27272

i will ask mike stewart if i see him on sunday at forresburn hill climb ,but i would have my doubts given the vintage of my cosie -may be you could post this thread on tech chat to ask as im sure some anorak will know the answer .

89 HPC BDR 170 bhp yellow / black cycle C6 BJL

Blatting around Angus and Perthshire with a permanent grin

# 27272