Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Tyre wear rates

Dartmoor7

I've just replaced a set of ACB 10's.

The fronts could have gone on a bit longer but I'm off to the ring this weekend so they had to go.

Rears 8/22-13" Shagged out! (16psi) Comp:A31

Wore out in the middle third the quickest leaving a bit still to go (not much though!) on the outer sides. poss over inflated slightly?

Fronts 7/21-13" 2mm left (16psi) Comp:A30

fronts wore on the middle to inner third quite markedly in comparison to the rest of the tyre. Would'nt mind getting some advice on this as the car handles and steers well. Is tyre wear of this sort the price to pay for this kind of set up? The fronts could hve done a bit more.

Mileage: About 2600 miles. A trip to the Ring, 2 track days at Cadwell, plus a bit of road mileage.

I hope the above is of interest

Take Peter's advice.

I tried to wear out some Pilots a while back but barely made marks on the surface despite some hefty abuse (airfield days etc).

Eventually realised that it was going to take an age so just binned them and got Yoko 21Rs fitted instead. Night and day, a brilliant "upgrade" that's probably one of the most cost effective.

Do it now and you'll never look back.

>>why not junk them and get the new tyres immediately,

Not an option in my financial situation

>>choosing more wisely this time.

Yes. Certainly won't fit Caterham's OEM fit again

>>Eventually realised that it was going to take an age so just >>binned them and got Yoko 21Rs fitted instead

One day but I would have to change wheels too (16")

Arnie

Just shows what going in a straight line does for yuo. Try going round a few corners, if you can teeth.gif

I always wear out the front left first, then the rear left, then the front right.

Light and nimble does it every time wink.gif

Is it a bike? Is it a car? No it's Blackbirdman cool.gif