Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tired old seven

Buster

Hi Rob

I have the car below for sale at the moment. We may to be able to come to some sort of deal if you are interested.

Roly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swap / p'ex genuine 7 Super Sprint for good VW type 2 van, bus or camper, split or bay. or sell £6,500

1993: 31,000 miles. One Previous owner, professionally built, extensive history file.

Caterham Super Sprint x-Flow Engine (Big Valve 1700 cc with twin Weber 40DCOE Carburettors, running on LRP), rear exit exhaust.

5 Speed Gearbox, Live Rear Axle

British Racing Green, Flared wings, Minilite style 13" wheels.

Black Leather Seats (with headrests) & Dashboard. Heater. Lap & Diagonal Static belts.

Momo Suede Steering Wheel (Ex Benetton B187 F1 Car).

Standard Rollover bar, Fire Extinguisher.

Recent weather equipment (Hood Frame unused) & sidecreens

MOT until March 2005, Tax until end Jan 2005

RAC Report available.

Located in South Norfolk (Near Attleborough). Serious enquiries only. Please, Please, Please no more time-wasters, photograph collectors or test pilots!!

e-mail: rrees@lotuscars.co.uk

• Support Team

Don't think you'll find a car with cycle wings at that price - you'll be looking at a 1980's car and flares were the standard fitment back then. It's only in the last few years that fashion has returned to cycle wings. You might be lucky and find one that has been converted but if someone has gone to that trouble then they will probably have done a load of other work on it and are unlikely to be selling at such a low price.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Rob

It's up to you obviously, however I wouldn't get too hung up on the cycle wings initially. It isn't too expensive to convert later and the performance is still more than sufficient with clams. Bear in mind that there are not many 7s that come up for this sort of price!I've never seen one advertised for less than £5,995.

Roly

I second the above, if buying at that price converting to cycles is the least of your worries. Not expensive or difficult, you can patch up the holes afterwards and it will cost a couple of hundred for new wings and stays. (Cheaper s/h or DIY). You will be looking at a well used XF car, prob 4 spd box, live axle and a bit of restoration work for 5k. There are a lot of people shopping at that price.

Thanks for all your response to my add guys,had a good few e-mails,

(don't know if I like all your ideas!!)someone suggested a car with slight

accident damage, I would go down this road if the price was right, (retired bloke lots of time)well keep those e-mails going guys might get a car by

Christmas.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 Clarkie.

If I were you I'd be having a look at that one in Norfolk posted up earlier, and converting to cycles for a few quid. It's up to you of course, but anything decent is going to be 6k unless you are very very lucky. Good luck. Bear in mind older ones all had flares till about 1993, so finding an old ratty one with a cycles conversion is unlikely. Converted ones will have had other titillation and be over 5 grand...