Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CRACKED SUMP * INFO ON GOOD WELDER IN NORFOLK/SUFFOLK WANTED

oldbutnotslow

Grant,

If it's a weldable crack then give Marc a ring again.

He has a friend who will do that (based in Wymondham if I remember correctly).

If you can't get hold of him give me a bell on 07860 555727 and I'll pop round to his.

(Is the sump pan off?)

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

HI Nifty,

Yep the sump is off. Spotted it when I was changing the baffle. It’s a slight depressed fracture that as yet does not seem to be leaking any oil and looks as if it’s eminently weldable. But one good clout on the kerbs at Brands on Monday and it could be curtains! The whole of the front-end needs to be strengthened by welding the ribs back on in order to give me peace of mind. I really must do something about getting a sump guard made up!

Thanks for the offer. I will ring Mark first thing in the morning and check.

Bt the way, I was impressed with MarK!

I thought the sausage role was fine as well!!

Thanks for your help

*thumbup*

Grant

As a result of speaking to Mark at Anglia Sevens I have today been to see Steve Harris of Concept Engineering and Fabrications who are based in Wymondham near Norwich.

Steve is an ex works race mechanic and a bloody good welder judging by what he has done on my sump!

In addition to welding up 2 cracks he has run weld down the fins to build them up to the original height again.

All for a very modest cost indeed Because time was pressing he did it the same day for me.

If anyone is interested he can be contacted on 01953 601954 or by e-mail: steveharris@concept.go-plus.net

I am going to talk to him about fabricating alloy sump guards but I will make another post on this.

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬

Grant

• 5 months later...

Hi Roger,

No, I did not take it any further but I may well revive it as I am driving to Le Mans this year and having driven thousands of miles on French roads a sump guard may be a good idea. French roads seem to be mixture of ultra smooth or with pot holes the size of calderas!

Grant

Black and stone chip

here

yes I've already seen the date on the thread...

Steve is great welder. he made the exhaust for my car, and I sat and watched him do the fitting for a few hours - ok he's a brilliant welder! I'm actually off to visit him tomorrow with a fuel tank and an oil tank for him to modify for me. *thumbup*

Ooooo spooky, looking back at my build diary, it was 18th August 2004 that I was at Steves getting the exhaust fitted

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk