Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicone Hoses

frankyknuckles

picture here of the hoses, but I'm not sure they are all correct?

Hose 1 - Header tank to engine block (inlet manifold I think)

Hose 2 - Water Rail to Radiator

Hose 3 - Thermostat to Submarine hose

Hose 4 - Submarine hose to radiator

Hose 5 - not sure, but I suppose this is trimmed down to fit between submarine and header tank

Hose 6 - not a clue, but a very funny shaped hose

Hose 7 - not a clue, but will make a nice fuel return hose

What is missing is a length similar to hose 1, but with a J on the end that will go between the thermostat housing and the water rail, if it was supplied in along length, it could be cut to accept the small submarine with the two water tempsensers on.

So, does anyone have any clue about 6 and 7 and know why the smaller J hose is missing? The set should be a 7 hose set, I'm just not sure they are all correct and annoyingly, I do not have my car to go and investigate *confused*

www.R300.net

• Leadership Team

1. J-hose for thermostat to heater or bypass hose (16mm).

2. Correct - top radiator hose.

3. Correct - thermostat to submarine.

4. Correct - bottom rad hose.

5. Correct - submarine to header tank (16mm) - this is the same shape as the one that Caterham supplied me - that didn't fit either 🙆🏻

6. This is possibly shaped as the by-pass hose to fit around the rear of the engine, to link up with "1", ie. water rail to hose 1.

7. Inlet manifold to top of header tank (8mm)

Hose "1" seems very long, although I suspect that it will reach as far as a heater if one is fitted. Without the heater I think it should be trimmed and joined to "6", to then reach to the rearward end of the water rail. You'll need an aluminium joining sleeve.

If "5" can't be made to fit, use a piece of "1" that you've cut off (assuming no heater fitted).

Stu.

Yes but beware when entering credit card info because they don't appear to have a secure server... so basically DON'T enter credit card info.

I was rather pleased to find that they offer a direct internet banking payment method, so I paid that way... only to receive a call minutes after telling me the hoses were out of stock for 8 -10 weeks. They asked me if I wanted to try elsewhere (no-one else does the 7-hose kit for such a good price) but as I'd already paid them, I thought it was to much of a faff.

Still, 8 - 10 weeks is a bit harsh.

yep, defo the inlet manifold hose. But, there is no way it will reach, it is the correct diameter, but not long enough

this picture here shows the hose coming off the right hand side of the header tank, it is quite long. Even if the SAMCO hose is routed behind the header tank, I am 100% sure it will not reach the inlet manifold.

www.R300.net

• 2 weeks later...