Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicone Hoses

frankyknuckles

Also try the following. They are half the price of Samco and people are very impressed.

For anyone looking for replacement silicone hoses give these guys a call:

HIGHBURY HOSE LTD

UNIT 6 VIKING BUSINESS CENTRE,

HIGH STREET,

WOODVILLE,

DERBYS,

DE11 7EH

TEL:-+44 1283 217750

FAX:-+44 1283 217754

EMAIL:-highhose@aol.com

Dave,

What was the price for the "Rover with a dry sump" kit? (I seem to recall you've got a dry sump) Just interested to compare to CC direct as I was thinking of doing the same (but not nessesarily in Orange 😳)

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087

I'd have a shop around if I was you.

I followed the link above and the link to one of SAMCOs distributors that do mail order (Rally Design) and they have a price list on their site. Its only a scanned in price list and as such the picture is pretty crappy (I asked you as I couldn't make it out) but I can just about make out that the price for the K series with dry sump begins with a "1". Not sure if you pay extra for Orange though *confused*.

Have a look here, see what you think

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087

• Leadership Team

Caterham and Samco hoses are not the same - someone else must make Caterhams' hoses for them. I used the hoses available from Caterham in blue, then added to them using Samco ones - different shade of blue and surface finish. If you're replacing no more than Caterham can supply then the Caterham hoses are fine - if you wish to change all the hoses, then think about buying them all from one source.

Stu.

Their website is a bit bizarre *eek* Just seems to be scanned pages of their catalogue - haven't seen anything like it for a few years!

Don't even seem to be able to e-mail to request a catalogue - you have to fax!

No online ordering either...

Shame, as it looks like they sell some good stuff.

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 3000 miles completed!

I have silicone hoses - advice from Parker Racing chaps who looked at the water dripping from my car at Brands on Sunday was to double up (i.e. add extra ones) the jubilee clips, especially round the header tank area, as the silicone doesn't seal quite as well as rubber and they often see water seeping out from those joints.

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Silicone rubbers are prone to degradation from mineral oils and petrol.

Be carefull topping up the engine oil, checking the oil (drips off the dipstick etc...) and with petrol when working around the hoses/under the bonnet.

Justin *cool*

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

What's the advantage of Sillycone Hoses? Basically None :-). But Hey! they come in pretty Colours.. and the Girrls Like 'em.

In fairness tho they are a bit more duable.. how much more is an open question as in the last 2 decades i've not had a Single OEM 'Hose Failure.. whereas before they were a bi annual occurence.

IF you must huy some.. at least try not to pay thru the Nose for 'em

suggest : hosetechniques.com

Fair prices and Huge supply.

• 1 month later...