Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sunshine

Nifty

Looking for a ray of light and some dry weather.

Will accept a week or two but would prefer a whole summer if possible - particularly interested in the long Indian type.

Happy to part exchange for cold months over winter.

Would be prepared to travel but unfortunately can't take the harvest with me.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Hi Nifty

If you get offered too much good weather, i'll take some off your hands (possible bulk buy?)

PS. Farmer question. I notice the ears of the crops are getting really dark, is this a real problem? Fit for human consumtion?

[technical mode]

Blackening is from sooty moulds due to the wet weather.

Can cause discolouration of the flour milled from it but has no direct affect on humans persae....but will get rejected for milling on these grounds anyway.

Aflatoxins and mycotoxins from fusarium infection in the ear are a little more serious but most farmers will have treated for these earlier (too late now), since the weather pattern was already favourable for this problem at the correct time for treating.

Anyway, no need to be too concerned because the vast majority of the wheat you will be seeing will be going to feed mills for poultry and pigs.

[/technical mode]

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Plenty of good weather over here - I'm in Japan at the mo - but I don't think you'd like the traffic situation ☹️.

Plus it's well over 30 degrees outside with > 70% humidity - a tin top with aircon is more suitable. Or just hiding in the office for 12 hours of the day. Which is convenient, as that's exactly where my employers want me ☹️ ☹️

R