Click here if you are having website access problems ×

getting to London on Aug BH

TomB

So then wise & wonderful folks & folkesess, how should I get from Liverpool to Tooting on Sat 30 Aug for the weekend?

Trains involve 3-5 changes & cost around £50-60

Planes from Manchester to heathrow is £89 with BA. But then I have to brave the tube.

What would your chosen method be? I cannot be arsed driving.

Carrier pidgeon or European Swallow would be ideal, but Ive run out of bird seed to attract said transport device.

fly to stanstead, stanstead express to liverpool st ☹️

fly to heathrow, take heathrow express ☹️

stay home, get pissed, blow the event off 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

You could also fly from Liverpool to Luton and get the Thameslink right through the centre of London and get off on the south side.

I did National Express once from London to Belfast....12hours altogether.

After not being able to sleep on the way up I formulated a game plan whereby I would make the return leg more interesting.

I got tanked up on the ferry before getting on the coach. I still couldn`t sleep but the journey seemd more entertaining until the last hour or so when i started to feel quite ill *thumbdown*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Perhaps Tom is going to visit the Popular Front *tongue*

Tooting is near Balham, so personally I would try to fly to Gatwick, and then get a train to East Croydon, then one to Balham. Take about 35 mins.

You *could* go to Luton, but would take forever on the Thameslink.

Heathrow would be OK, Piccallly line to Victoria, then train to Balham. Northern line is going to be a pain as have to go further east to come back north. Or Heathrow Express to Paddington Bear and then Bakerloo to the Elephant, Northern Line to Tooting Bec.

(Not that I had to wait 10 mins at Tower Gateway this morning, and was stood nect to an underground map or anything *wink*)

The problem with Heathrow is that you can wait forever to land. If you go BA, and land on the Northerly runway, you can have to cross both runways to get to T4. Bit of a trek to the transport hub too. Flying down from Manchestur I have spent almost as long getting from landing place to Gate as Manc to Heatthrow.

Flying *thumbdown*

Train *thumbdown*

Driving *thumbdown*

Looks like it'll have to the train *thumbdown*

Bet you woudlnt get this abroad. I dont want to get the train cos its ****, BA on strike, driving not an option cos of BH traffic & I am already doing shed loads of driving. Sometimes I despair of this country. And Im only 25 which means Im not old enough to be cynical and bitter

Look at Meldrew, he is an uber-cynic ... and only 12 3/4 *smile*

Personally I don';t think the strike will happen.

What about flying from Liverpool to London City ? £108 return ? NOT with BA. Being titchy airports both ends means you are in and through quicker, which will balance out the slightly longer time to get to Tooting ? Or could book a local mini cab from City to Tooting ?

Or BMI to heathrow ? (Have waited AGES for the Railair link to Woking in the past).

August BH???? *eek*

How dare they schedule a BH in the middle of my first contract job??? Batsrads are going to cost me money.. *mad*

Bloody Tony Bliar and his cronies - if they don't weasel it out of you in stealth-taxes, they make you take a day off instead. Ratbags. 🙆🏻

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com