Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Teehee

Myles

Went for my first blat since moving up to Edinburgh this afternoon. Nothing too special - just 60 miles or so...

...so, not knowing the roads, I headed down to Peebles where I stayed two nights earlier in the year as part of the se7ens tour list 'Butcher in the Borders' high-speed tour. The trip down was pretty dull with all the Sunday traffic, so I picked a randomish minor A-road on the map that would take me back up to Edinburgh - I soon realised that this was one of the roads we'd used on the tour...

...it's mostly single(ish)-track stuff - but with no hedges etc., so you can take some of it at a fair lick. It starts off going through a very small golf-course where the fairways and clubhouse actually sit right up against the road (not even any fences...)

Now, when we did it around May, we had 60-odd cars - and we weren't hanging around. I wasn't at the end of the extended convoy, but at the time I got quite a lot of verbal from the players - I understand some of the stragglers got used for chipping/driving practise though...

Sooo, I thought I'd take it nice and easy this time - pottered through at 22mph (on my own) and *STILL* got shouted at...

...Nice to know we made an impression 😬 *cool* *tongue* 😳

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Don`t forget the support truck.......we came through at a fair old lick too!!

Don`t remember being aimed at.........but I heard from a few who were.

If they`d aimed at me I`d have done a donut on the green *cool*

New duratec powered build underway *New website soon*

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec