Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ARGHH Help Needed Curborough Sprint

Barbara Swift

We are in need of a commentator (OR commentators) just for the afternoon of the Club sprint on 29th August. No experience needed, best seat/view in the house, just rabbit a bit and invent stories about the competitors lives and occupations, praise and/or rubbish their driving and you'll be perfect. Entry lists, commentary sheets, rulers and pencils together with expenses and lunch provided (no expense spared here) and the results of every run will be printed in front of you for everyone's jollification.

Please help - we need you otherwise the event will be very quiet!!!!!!

Barbara

Hi Aunty, to all competetors, Barbara. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Ok I will have go if you like......... please remind me to speak up or is that SHOUT.

Maybe Oily Rag might make a Duo but its unlikly. What time if you accepted will I need to be there 🤔

I was expecting to be working that weekend hence no application but now I am free..

Oh GOD what have I done.......

PS no Oily Rag he is working.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - Bilbo on 22 Aug 2004 23:44:06

Hi Bill, thanks for that. Nifty has bravely volunteered and we've accepted but I'm trying to get as many people as possible to put their oar in and help him out with support, comments, observations and just plain "commentariness 😬" so please go along and join in if you can, I'm sure he'd be grateful.

Barbara *smile*

Hi Barbara.

Well as today in fact a couple of hours ago, I may have a problem getting there anyway. With loan and bank normal efficiency the money for my new, rather newer car, is not in the bank today in fact not even sent. Was hoping to collect it on Wensday. Plus the garage now needs a day to bank the draft before releasing the car seems they had a doggy one last year. Amaising how something agreed a week ago can take so bloody long.

The Caterham's MOT run out, its not that forgot been off with flu, that is booked for saturday so me almost carless. I am reluctant to drive the Jaguar long distance as it has an oil leak plus a few other problems. Thats being traded in got a good price actually any price is good on a 12 year old one now destined for the auctions. Still it has 103,000 on the clock near 90,000 by us.

I have to confess one of the reasons for coming was to take the new car for a long run. Plus I think playing at Commentator would be fun. So currently not sure I will have it for the weekend. Still there is always the train. ☹️

Actually I hope to now get the car Friday evening. *thumbup*

been at a great wedding since Thursday
..... so ERC made an honest lady of you at last 😬 😬 😬.... I was saving that for Sunday..... see what you will be missing. *tongue* 😬

Hi Nifty as ever best wishes nice to see anyone put their hand up. *thumbup*

All being well I will still be joining you or you can do the whole thing your call and I will play with my new lens.

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Hi Barbera

The cars are still looking iffy for the weekend. Might see you may not isnt it amaising how complex simple things can be near all set up to collect car but now they will not release the car till its taxed. So now I need my new insurance doccuments to arrive.........(scream). Now how long does that normally take Reason can not release a car that is not road legal.

Hi everyone and thanks to Nifty and everyone who helps him - don't worry you're amongst friends! *thumbup*

Sorry you won't have your car Bill, nice looking forward to it though hey! *wink*

Don't know about "honest woman", he made a wife of me 35 years ago (blimey! 😳)

Thanks Liz, be good to see you again *smile*

Barbara *smile* *thumbup*

Hi Barbara

he made a wife of me 35 years ago

Its nice to see some things last. *thumbup*.

Well were 6 years behind you..... then again its 35 years since we met. In fact that is wrong quite unrelated we first met very briefly 39 years ago.

If I do not see you and Roger have a great day. Its always nice to see your smiling face on sign in EVEN when I left something behind. 😬