Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Gearbox for sale.

Ben Meredith

Quaife Clubman gearbox removed from 7 by Freestyle and now at Quaife awaiting reconditioning.

Straight cut gears - ratios: 2.04,1.54,1.21,1-1 and 0.87.

(Is a 2ltr Sierra Clubman gearbox..? Currently has a Vauxhall input shaft but that can be changed at a cost!)

Cost new £1116.25 inc VAT. Will be as new once serviced so...

Offers in region of £700 please.

Edited by - Ben Meredith on 16 Aug 2004 17:16:24

Hi Ben,

Very interested.

I have a standard HPC 2.0 16V Vauxhall with standard diff and box. Would this be o.k on my car and are the ratios different. I so what does this actually mean in terms of drivabilty as it is mainly used on the road.

Cheers

Matt

the yellow blur

Hi Matt

Mine is a Vaux as well so doubt it would be any trouble... the ratios on the Quaife box are very likely to be different from the standard one. In essence, the Quaife 1st and 2nd are extremely long (60 mph approx in first I am told!) so driveability wise you can stay on the power longer off the blocks. The straight cut box bit is another difference - it is quite noisy, a high pitched whine. Four is the only quiet one as it is one to one.

I changed to a standard box as I have a longish daily commute during the summer( 😬) because of the noise - the exhaust is quite loud enough already! - but I really miss the 1st and 2nd gears! They are well suited to the grunt of the 2ltr!

If interested, give me a shout on 07720298015.

Ben

The fifth is the 0.87 one.... top speed wise am not too sure! (u rn't a rozzer ru?! 😬) Something in the region of 130 I'd have thought. If ur car has a quick rack and ur maxxing it in 5th, the last thing you would be doing is looking at the speedo!!! *cool* A professional tester type person might be able to help with that one...

Gambo: It's Type9 case. Clubman is what Quaife call their entry level S/C gearset. That is a very high first gear, maybe it's the heavy duty gearset *confused* The std clubman is only recommended for less than 185bhp (yes I know torque is the important factor, but Quaife quote bhp). I'd check to see if it is the heavy duty gearset or not and whether synchro or dog engagement (Quaife's website should tell you).

Accumulating bits . . .