Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Newbie re sprints etc in 05

kpm

Novice Championship - This would be open to competitors who have not competed in any MSA approved championship before and its the first year they have held an MSA licence of any kind whether 'Speed' or 'Race'.

Darren, I know you currently race in the BMW championship so unfortunately you are not a Novice.

Nick Addisson, you would be counted as a novice *thumbup*

The Novices would compete as part of the Class structure that will be in place next year( 😳) but their points would be tallied over the season towards the championship

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

BB,

Sorry..... Huh, mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble..... 😬

The season is going well, better than expected. 5 races, 2 firsts, 3 second places.

I think there should be an extra rule in for the novices, engines have to be over 1000cc 😬

That'll stop these pesky little bicycle powered screamers, beating everyone. 😬

Daren *cool*

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for all your extremely helpfull comments and support. I think I have received all the persuation I needed, not that I needed much.

Sorry for the delay in replying to the thread, I been away the past couple of weeks and have not accessed the WWW. I think It makes sense for me to drive to the events to start with anyway, and with all the clobber I certainly know what will be on my christmas list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it difficult to secure a spot in class one or are spaces fairly limited ?

Its a shame I missed Curborough are there any more sprints this year ?

Robmar Richard0 and David Nelson thanks for the offers to have a look at my car its appreciated and yes it is Binfield Berkshire. I might well take one of you up on the offer unless of course you havea meet coming up soon as it would be good to come along to that.

Chee 😬

*arrowright*Is it difficult to secure a spot in class one or are spaces fairly limited ?

Besides the curbugger events spaces are usually available, especially for other L7 only events such as Llandow & MIRA. For the events we are invited to generally everyone who enters on time seems to get a place.

*arrowright*Its a shame I missed Curborough are there any more sprints this year ?

aintree this weekend and wiscombe the weekend after that, not sure about availability of spaces at this stage. I think aintree might be full...

I am not sure there is a north hants and berkshire meet between then and now...

also why not come to the llandow 'trackday' on the 3rd, there will be a lot of club sprinters there that day, butit will be non-competitive. It isn't that far away and easy to get to from berkshire 2 hours if not trailering 😬

feel free to drop me an email offline and we can meet up etc etc

rob

Great Tuesday should be ok for me I take it directions are on here somewhere. What sort of time do you all meet up ?

Unfortunately I wont be able to make Friday or this weekend. But hopefully ill make the next sprint to view only and to get an introduction to the set up.

Cheers

k