Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dipping Headlights

Curly

New owner of a SV ( fab why didin't I do it years ago?????) and want to get across to France this year. Is there an easy way to adjust the headlights to dip to the correct side - my tintop is easy ( usual sticker onto lens) - 😬 - and guess what none of the ones I can find cover Caterham's

Edited by - curly on 12 Aug 2004 09:17:10

I have to confess to all the times I've driven in France (tin-top and 7), and that's many thousands of miles, I've never actually bothered and can't even remeber one occasion when I've been flashed for poorly adjusted headlamps. Perhaps, though, that means they're badly adjusted for the UK 😳

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint here

Drive it like you stole it! *eek*

• Support Team

I second the electrical tape idea. I used the Halfords items the first time but the stickers are very thick and don't follow the curve of the headlight very well. The part of the lens you need to cover is very obvious - like a triangle with the end cut off on the left of the lens (as you look at it). Just cover that area with insulating tape - don't use gaffer tape as I did as it will take weeks for you to get the glue off *thumbdown*.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Make your own stick on patches - black "Fablon" very good.

Make sure its on the correct side of the lens.

However if you are to do some serious night driving you will not have the RH side of the road illuminated on dip. RH dip lenses a good idea if you go frequently.

As stated above, most Brit cars don't seem to bother.

Regards

Steve @ sVc

ps don't forget a set of spare bulbs, you can and will get stopped if you have a light out and must be able to repalce the bulb with French Plod watching.

Also red triangle, green card, V5 etc etc etc etc etc