Click here if you are having website access problems ×

quaife diffs

bikerush

I have one in my 1600 Supersport which is used for road and sprints/hillclimbs. All I can say is that it does exactly what is says on the tin. I don't have any experience of other LSD's so can't really compare. There is some rear end noise but not sure how much of this is attributable to the Quaife.

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

I also have one - used for road and sprints etc and although it has taken a while to get used to it compared to an 'open' diff, as Kipper says it certainly seems to do the job.

I don't get any additional noise from mine though - so Stephen, I think you had better pull out of the remaining sprints of the season just in case!!! 😬

See you at the Marshall Sprint I expect.

Mike

I think the only problems were with 200bhp + race cars getting one wheel airbourne.

The landing can brake them as it struggles to equalise on landing.

For me it's getting on the Gas, when everything you know say's get on the brake!!!

Hi

Got an ATB in my 220 bhp duratech car, works fine giving me much better traction and predictability than the standard diff. I was worried about it increasing initial understeer into corners, but have experienced no problems.

I have heard about the problems when you lift a wheel... but as I only do road and track day, not race, I haven't experienced the symptom.

As others have said, it is a bit more noisey.. not sure if this is the LSD or just that the preload is wrong on the diff.

Overall very pleased with mine, so would recommend the upgrade.

One of the Duratectives

> Thinking about it that could be the AP Suretrac

As I understand it the AP suretrac and Quaife ATB are very similar in principle. So taking off over curbs and breaking shafts on landing will affect both. But for more sane use, ie fast road, sprint and "light" racing, this will not be an issue. More of an issue is that at tight hairpins if you unload a wheel it will spin all the power away. Forget why though....