Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trailer loan...

neil.cavanagh

now... I was wondering if there is any shedder out there who might be able to do me a BIG favour.

Due to where I'm now working during the week ('brough) and where I live at the weekend (Camberley) I'm trying to sort out the logistics to go the MAV2 at Angelsey on 16th Sept.

One option would be to trailer the SV up on the sunday before, leaving it at a friends house near newcastle during the week and then trailer over the Anglesey on the thursday night, and then back to civilisation on the saturday (or sunday as I'm contemplating a drinking session in Dublin..)

there are two things missing in this equation:

1) A tow bar on my tintop!

2) A trailer!

I can get 1 sorted... but I was wondering if there was anyone in the surrey/west london/M4 corridor area who could loan me an SV sized trailer for the week???

Anyone??

Anyone??

Bueller?? 😬

You're welcome to borrow my Brian James Minno (should take an SV but check - it takes my wide track front suspension) if the logistics work out at all - I could drop it near you early on the morning of Saturday 11th (Mrs GTD is shooting at Bisley that morning) - BUT I need it ready to set off for a Silverstone race on Friday 17th September. So that'd make life more complicated for you in getting it back to me in time - we're near Arundel which is about an hour's drive from Camberley - but it would have to get back to us in the Friday daytime as we'll be leaving home immediately after work on the Friday.

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Paying for 619GTD here

Neil/GTD I was told that an SV will not fit on a minno, but I can't see why not. Might be worth a question upstairs, if not I'll see if Steve-B can come over and try his car on my trailer.

I doubt I'll be doing MAV2 so my trailer may also be available.

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

thanks Geoff... unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get it back to you until the sunday afternoon (19th Septemeber) so I guess it won't work out.

thanks again though!

Anyone else???

ps just read your 'paying for 619 GTD' link.. interesting! I'm am SAP consultant.. I'll let you know if we ever have need for an Oracle HR Guru (I assume by the amount of carbon fibre on 619 that your a Guru!).

Neil, I am not sure what I am doing that weekend so may not be around. I'll be @ Silverstone on Wednesday for the club Trackday. There will be plenty of people trailering, so will look for SV/trailer combinations and ask some questions.

Does anybody know where I can hire a SV sized trailor in the Derbyshire/ Birmingham area for the Mav 2 day.

Niel, You can park you trailor at mine if you want, off road but not under cover but only 10 mins off M42 and on way to M'bourgh

need a lie down after being sensible

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

thanks Delbert... thats a possible option as well to save lugging it all the way norf..

If you managed to find somewhere to rent one please let me know how much as that could be another option if Alan's trailer proves to be too small.

ps do you think Mav quite understand how much money and co-ordination effort his track days put us all under!! good job they are such fun!

Mav does understand, cos he spends about 8 working days getting everything sorted, and fixing people up for the day - mostly in the last few minutes / hours / days before each event.

Believe me I know what it all means, and the hard work and effort everyone puts in pays off when I see the smiling faces at the end of the day.

Neil, it was difficult to match cars to trailers yesterday @ Silverstone as most people used the pit garages and left their trailers in the paddock.

I've done a bit more checking and think you will need to get hold of an A-Series or similar trailer. Not easy as most L7C guys will use a minno as it fits in the garage.

Normal Car 1270mm

Wide Track car 1336mm

Sv 1446mm 😳

A difference of 176mm (~ 7"'s) but I guess that 176mm will be =/- depending on wheels & tyre choice.

I think it will be worth a question in Techtalk.