Click here if you are having website access problems ×

How wasted was your Sunday?

GTD

Mrs GTD and I arrived back from hols in the small hours of Sunday morning. All excited that we were off to collect the fixed Caterham that day, at 8am I let the cats wake up Mrs GTD and we were off!

Just a 300 mile round trip to face up to Bruntingthorpe - but (woo hoo) I was going to drive the Caterham back whilst Mrs GTD towed the trailer home. Running in the new crank, forged pistons etc you understand - most essential!

We got there, I started the car. What's that drip says Angie - I tightened the radiator hose and I was off.

On the way out of the gate the engine cut out but restarted. No problem? Two miles later it was cutting out every few yards. I checked the basics and could spot nothing so obviously wrong that a numpty like me could recognise it, so we loaded it back onto the trailer, took it back to Bruntingthorpe and drove home again without the Caterham.

So that's an 8 hour drive, 300 mile round trip, to drive the 7 for two miles.

*mad* *mad* *mad*

And next Sunday I'm due to be at Brands Hatch with a rebuilt engine - any volunteers to run in the 7 for me if it gets fixed in time?

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad (Apart from tax disc holders!) *wink* - Cranks W *mad*RSE

619 GTD here

I could run it in round Silverstone for you on wednesday 😬

Sorry that wasn't very helpful but after a weekend of battling getting the engine, gearbox and all the other stuff back in the 7 I'm done for!

Guess my day was more fruitful though as the car appears to go at least!

Good luck *thumbup*

I'll be happy to run it in for you *wink* *thumbup*

Have to be after I finish baby-sitting Sumy though, not sure I could manage to drive two Caterhams at once, even if they are only little cars 😬

Sounds like you had a pretty rubbish Sunday - I won't tell you that I went and saw Thunderbirds and then spent the afternoon in the garden, getting soaked by my friends' kids as we played with their paddling pool...

How was your holiday?

*wink*

Rach

Hi Rachael

We had a great holiday thanks (a fairly quiet week with some friends in Menorca) - though our enthusiastic sampling of the local booze and pizzas will require some emergency dieting now we're home!

We are so pleased you had a lovely Sunday! No, honest we are!

*wink*

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Paying for 619GTD here

More than happy to take the GTD mobile on my 60 mile commute - promise I'll drive steadily....it didn't take Alex and Rach long to get SUMY repaired after I took it out for a spin...honest it wasn't my fault....of course we are now only talking through our lawyers now...but hey, second time lucky...it may even prompt me to get my eye sight sorted.

Go on you know it makes sense.

Geoff..

More than happy to help..Currently doing around 90miles a day..or so.....heh heh...might even lend you mine with LEATHER SEATS that Mrs GTD can sit in 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

I also promise not to let Rebecca - race driver - anywhere near it 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy - 90,000 miles and rising *tongue*

*thumbdown* *confused* No info forthcoming on what caused the crank to break.

AM towed it down south last night - loose wire to starter switch fixed the cutting out problem. Worn through wire caused the fuel gauge problem. Had to take the engine and gear box out yet again to fix some cog that drives the speedo.

Hopefully all fixed now - just that small matter of getting some miles on it.

And isn't the weather nice for the time of year? *thumbup*

Dan - *mad*

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Paying for 619GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 10 Aug 2004 08:31:03

Geoff... SORRY ☹️ ☹️ ☹️

Anyhow, when you getting it back....Quite happy to come over and go for a leisurely blat with you....or put some miles on it 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Todays idiot drives a Caterham Seven, with Brooklands screens, to work in the pouring rain..Currently sitting in my site hut, heater on, trying to dry off 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Anyhow, good luck with the car GTD, glad it's almost back!!! Let me know if I can help out in any way at all... *tongue*

And that carbon seat....very nice!! Would look lovely in 619GTD *eek* *eek*

Dannyboy - 90,000 miles and rising *tongue*

Well, 619 GTD is back safe and sound in its nice cosy garage. I think GTD will mostly be found doing circuits of the A27 on Saturday, trying to bed in the new pistons...or if it's raining, following Rachael's advice and boating on the River Arun 😬

So Mav, when we do find out about secret project X 🤔 And could MM be persuaded to tell all if bribed with Menorcan gin... 🤔 😬

Dannyboy - *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Edited 'cos my clever use of icons didn't work ☹️

Edited by - Mrs GTD on 10 Aug 2004 10:27:20