Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seven Secure ?

Jam Mad

I have a removable steering wheel (MSM give me a discount for this 'security feature') and not had any problems. I also have a cable lock on the spare wheel. So far I have only ever lost a gear knob (kids in pub car park...). Car alarms seem pointless to me, on Caterhams or any other vehicle.

Jonathan

An alternative to the shotgun cartridge is to get one of those aircraft carrier simulator toys, which have a spring/trigger device on the "carrier" together with some fishing line that you shoot you plane up, which then turns round and you "land" on the carrier. Replace the plane with a dart, attatch some string to your bedroom door and the trigger. Hey presto, anyone comes in your bedroom they get a dart in the head. Well, it made me feel safe as a ten year old anyway !!!!

someone else i know suggested a u-lock ( on a ferry though.. a bit much ) but i just KNOW that i'd hop in one day, and tear my car to bits having forgotten to take it off... i've already nearly done that on my scooter....

i do admit though, it has a certain appeal from the 'total idiot deterrent' point of view. streatham has taught me that there are far too many of those around. although it's garaged when i'm at home.

still, good to know i now have a good excuse to get a removable steering wheel. i just thought they looked good, (apart from the obvious track day reasons of course).

j