Click here if you are having website access problems ×

a dummie question

Boonie Hound

My 1st had one, but my 2nd didn't.

The bad theory is that prolonged use can affect the child's bite (i.e. top teeth protrude further forward than the lower teeth)

Plus it can be a bugger to wean the kid off the dummy too (although we said Santa was going to give pressies one year & take away the dummy, because she was now a "big" girl)

Mind games are wonderful 😳

Rrrrrosssssssssss!!! *arrowright* here *wink*

Further to Paul's post, I've seen kids far older than 3 with them, and it disgusts me, as does parents who pick them up off the floor and pop, straight back in le gob...

So a definite no.

Try all the hugs, nappy changing, winding, checking for colic, giving a bottle, relieving constipation (that's all I can think of for now 😳) before going for the soother...

Never mind all that eco-warrior/new age tree-hugger crap *tongue*

You will only hear it from people who no longer have teeny ones and can't remember, or have never tried to bring a child up *tongue* *wink*

Soothers have their place in the scheme of things. Young Plantagenet Mufasa is 4 months old and we haven't had to use one yet (one of the suggestions listed by Ross *thumbup* usually works at the moment), but I have no doubt we will use one later - it can be pretty useful around teething time. However, you will want to make sure that you wean young R400 off it at some point - there are plenty of mind games available that will do the trick *cool*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Forgot teething gel / anbesol liquid *thumbup*

Actually, maybe early days yet, but I can't stress enough how important a wee bottle of anbesol is to have handy in yer bathroom cabinet.

When the wee fella starts his teething pains, you'll know *eek*

We are currently experiencing our nearly-6yr-old daughter's "growing pains" (achy limbs in the main)

Oh the joys 😳

[gooey]

(Still worth every complaint though *cool*)

[/gooey]

so not ONLY is Ross:

1) Hen Pecked

2) Soft Northener what can't take his beer

BUT ALSO

3) Nampy Pamby Clucky Gooeey Eyed SOFTIE 😬 😬

hmm.. starting to wonder if there is a reason why Paul and I are single... might have to see if the ladies of middlesbrough have any opinions on the matter this evening...