Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tillet seats

bikerush

• Support Team

There is no padding on the Tillett's and they will not absorb water - you just have to wipe the water off before sitting down You can buy pads from Oxted trimming which make them a bit warmer to sit in - these are leather and so I guess are not totally waterproof but will withstand a light shower.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Having just done over 1600 miles during the Bordeaux Blat in them I was surprised how pain free my aging body was after the first 500 + miles leg.

I couldn't have said that about the leather S type seats they replaced. The only down side is that with the S type seats you can reverse the head rest, to give a little more clearance at the back of your head, when wearing a crash helmet.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Bikerush,

On the contry, most people rave about them. They are more comfortable than S-Types as long as your the right size to fit. I switched from S to Tillet and no longer get the numb bum that I just to get after an hour or so. Best I've managed is 9 hours straight and still able to walk at the end of it 😬. Can't say that would have been the case with the S-Types.

The Oxted pads don't do much for comfort but to keep you warmer in winter (the plastic or kevlar get quite cold) and in the summer they stop you sitting in a puddle of sweat when it gets to hot or burning your bare legs when you've got shorts on and the suns been shining on the seat *eek*

Go for them *thumbup*

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087

They are brilliant is you fit. The Carbon ones are 2kg, GRP 3.5kg, S type about 5.6kgs. Not inc runners on any of those weights.

They are easy to mop out with a towel and the trim (sort of nylon fibre) doesn't really soak up water like a cloth or leather seat would.

Other non Tillet option seem to be a little bit heavier. This may not of course be a major concern.

Got Tilletts in mine, and would agree with most fo the other comments - they are very comfortable even on a long journey. Fantastic support and a really comfortable shape - Steve Tillett knows what shape a body is *tongue*

The 'padding' is a bit like nylon office carpet and doesn't hold water.

Not sure what Activa are bringing out, but I'm sure you would not be disappointed with GRP or Kevlar Tilletts...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 3000 miles completed!

Just noticed you're in Oxford. If you're interested, come up to the Banbury Area Se7ens meet at some point. We're not an official meet, but usually get a good selection of Sevens to gaze at.

Next meet is next Tuesday. I'll be posting the venue later this week.

*thumbup*

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. First 3000 miles completed!

At the risk of being controversial, I just had a MOG carbon seat fitted. It fits me great and apears higher sided than the tillets (will do side by side comparison tomorrow). Looks nice too 😬 and pricing compares well with Caterham offering.

I would try them before you order them .

I found them to be most uncomfortable with the sides pinching my rib cage and the headrest section was at the wrong angle for a helmet to be worn . My ass only just fitted in them . I'm a 38" waist so not massive .

If you are the right shape and size then I'm sure they could be comfortable , but I realy would try them first .......

Dave

Agree with all the "very comfortable comments" But I would advide you to try first because from my opinion you need to be the right size to fit comfortably in them

Regarding the winter cold and summer heat. My son sits on an sheep skin in the passenger seat. Gives the car a nice 1960 flower power look too 😬

Anyway go for them if you fit you will not regret it.

Regars

Jørgen

• 4 months later...

Christ, what shape are all you guys? "Orang-utang"???

IMHO Tilletts (Caterham type) have NO lumbar support and NO under thigh support. If you tilt them back to get a comfortable driving position the headrest part fouls the roll-bar/cage diagonal.

Mine now gather dust in the spare room, junked in favour of a superbly comfortable 2 part foam creation. 😬

Norman - please could you tell me more about your low back variant? I need a passenger seat that will sit under my flat tonneau. How does it work for various size occupants? How does it accommodate the harness lapstraps? Did you have to cut holes? Do they weaken the structure?

Ta.