Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Emerald ECU pin outs

Andrew Dent

I am in the process of wiring up the ECU to automatically bring on the radiator fan. The manual looks like it should be pin 6 of the main K series plug that controls teh slave relay to drive the fan. Pin 6 is listed as the Cooling Fan Relay Control, but already has a grey /blue wire in there.

Has anyone out there been through this one. All other bits installed and working, just want to know the correct pin to shove the last wire.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew ,

This may be a daft question , but have you gone into the "Limits/Switches" window on the Emerald software and checked the "Temperature Events " and then "Coolant temperature switch " settings ??? .

When we fitted the Emerald ECU to my car , due to the fact that it plugs directly into the original loom , all we had to do was adjust the settings and the fan would come on .

Good luck ......... it IS worth the trouble all this upgradeitus !!

Dave

Andrew

Glad you got it sorted, strange that I've been doing the same today with a GEMS ECU. Out of interest what temps have you set as the ECU temp runs about 7 deg hotter than the gauge indicates. So I've set the fan to come on at 90 deg & to go off at 85 deg.

Mick

As part of this weekends jobs, replacing the temperature sender for the gague was one of them. Postie arrived Saturday am with sender and new themostat. Take thermostat housing off to find a thermostat was never fitted. Then look at temp sender to find they have sent the wrong one.

Temps set at 90 and 85. Will report on correlation next week between the 2.

tried the ECU controlled fan, and works a treat.

Andrew