Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tall Centre Mirror Stem - What length

Apothecary

I am after a tall stem for my Spa centre mirror. I currently have the standard 100mm and need to go taller to see properly over the FIA crossbar. I cannot go smaller because of the aero.

What length stem do I need? When I called Spa they asked what I wanted and I thought about 140mm...is this correct?. I have seen photo's in LF (Keith Jecks car?) with a tall stem which looks like what I need.

Can anyone advise please (Keith are you there?)....

Thanks,

Paul

• Leadership Team

Paul,

I have exactly the same problem - I'd really like to go lower than higher but cannot because the mirror would foul the Brooklands.

I was considering cutting the existing sten in two places at an angle so that it came backwards so that it would go behind the screens. I just need to find someone who can weld to join it back together again. Has anyone tried this?

Out of interest, how much did SPA quote you for the sten if you don;t mind my asking?

Michael.

I was told by Spa that they were not interested in more work like a bulk order for at least 8 months *confused* Good to be able to turn work away!!!!!

Don't waste your time trying with them get a small company to make the mod. Expect it will be cheaper too

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

Well I chased up today and was told they have just received material in and will be making up new stems ''within the next couple of weeks''. I was advised to call back then and they would make me one......

I suggest if anyone wants a bespoke stem (I think there are a few of us) it might be worth calling SPA to let them know. I do get the feeling a little encouragement is required 😬