Click here if you are having website access problems ×

As new SLR

kenny.

2002 Superlight R. Factory built No. 120. Car was bought new from factory and was one of the last original Rs. It went back to factory with 500 miles on clock for service and conversion to R400 spec. ancilleries.i.e. MBE 967, loom, and Roller barrel throttle bodies........came back badged as R400 without asking it to be *thumbup*.......hence SLR400.

The car has done 1800 miles from new, is barely run in and has never seen rain. It has lived in its air chamber and is as new. Familly problems have caused such small use of this car, hence selling it seems the sensible thing to do.

Spec............

Carbon wings, dash, knee panels contrasting with natural ali body.........looks fabulous

FIA bar and strut.

13" R split rims 8.5 and 6.5 with CR500's

Composite Tillets

Windscreen with wipers, washers etc.

Full weaher gear.

QR Momo,

Watts linkage

Cat bypass fitted at present...brand new cat still in wrapper to go with sale.

black pack.

Factory painted bulk head in shiny black..........looks stunning...better than the powder coated original.

Push button starter.

This car went back to Caterham for the R400 upgrades under the care of Jez Coates and came back without any flat spots and a genuine 200bhp........it flies and without any hesitation whatsoever.also very tractable in town at 40 and below.

Car is as new and comes with the most apt no. plate possible for the car.

£25000

Would poss take fun cheaper car in p/x. 07748-632389

Kenny SLR400

Edited by - kenny on 3 Aug 2004 10:14:33

Edited by - KENNY on 3 Aug 2004 17:21:25

Try my blade engined Striker 415 kg 130bhp 6 speed sequential...... I will leave you to sus the rest ,1/5th the price of your car!! You could build a barnstormer for peanuts and having owned Westies, Caterhams and now this, it handles just as well as the Caterham, poss even better as it is so light.

Well, I've sent out 3 lots of pics to various chaps (hope you got them) and had 3 e.mails telling me the car is expensive (without even seeing it *confused*)..I expected that,it happened with the sale of my HPC too *thumbup*....and that fetched what I wanted in the end.

Car really is a stunner and in as new condition and should sell easily to first genuine bloke who's seriously in the market for one. £25000 is value for money for the mileage, spec. and conditionof this car but rather than knocking my powers of car valuations make an offer.

Anyone wishing to make a serious offer will get probably the "newest" second hand car possible and will not be dissapointed....I can promise that.

The car would be cheaper without air chamber, cat by-pass and plate

Kenny SLR400

07748 632389

Kenny

Air Chamber?? What's that??

The market is a tad depressed at the mo. I have never seen so many Caterhams on Autotrader for instant, mainly cheaper models.

With me I need to part ex my car as I will not sell it quickly enough and Caterham Middlans have offerd a good part ex against the SLR400 in their showroom which is at £25500. Its aslo an 02 spec with added dry sump but no tillets.

As you say your car will sell but when you start looking at £25000 its a lot of money for people to spend on a toy (No offence intended). Just be patient my frient as I know you will *cool*

Now with SL No 148 *cool*

Pete, The air chamber is its "house" its a carcoon type thing but one that stays up permananttly when you drive in and out of it............as for price,well you have to start somewhere and this car really does not have a comparable specced and mileage car to pitch it against,its all but new..if I needed cash quickly and asked 10k for it some clever chappy would bid me 8.

Good luck with the sale of yours anyway, it looks a cracking little beast and looks great on the pics. *thumbup*

Cheers,

Kenny SLR400