Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Boxing of text

Al Rewas

Thanks Al,

Steve has reported the same thing about the disclaimer, but not the profile, I suspect that maybe he hasn't used that bit yet. He doesn't use compuserve to my knowledge.

I haven't seen this happen, either at home or at work.

I'll check it tonight.

Edited by - site manager on 23 Feb 2000 14:05:23

I just thought I'd let you know that the situation has improved. I still get lots of little square boxes, but I also get a table with the guys (or gals - not wanting to be too sexist, unlike other on the list) name and E-Mail address. Is this all I'm supposed to get?

Buroz,

are you clicking on the 'profile' at the top of the page or the little icon in the message itself?

If it's the one at the top of the page, you should get the club logo and all that stuff, then a place where you can key in your username and password. Then it should return a table with things like username, mail address ICQ, HomePage etc.

If it's the one from the little icon, you should get a separate window popup with the logo again and then details of the poster of the message.

Just to keep you informed about the boxes, mine have changed.

Small icon profile: Logo & table smile.gif

However, the squares are in the table now, in the field ICQ sad.gif

The squares in the profile (from top of page) have moved to the right hand side. The logo still appear.

You probably don't care, but I like using the faces (and maybe I'll become an Acolyte?) tongue.gif

Definately odd!

Profile is different every time. Sometimes it's all squares, %'s and stuff, sometimes in red or green. Other times I get the logo

with the sign-in box and the narrative about one's profile being kept up to date with the rest in squares and dots etc. Once I even got the the makings of an application form type thingy but only the top two lines were readable. I only use Outlook Express so it can't be the software I'm using, can it?