Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight R/R400/R500 wanted

simon clark

Hi All,

Having spent some time in Bookatrack's Caterham Superlight I have now decided to sell my TVR and become a 7 owner.

I am looking for any of the above, and will consider any spec, colour etc so please let me know if you're toying with the idea of selling yours.

I need to sell my TVR first unless any of you fancy a swap.....thought not! If by chance you do, its a 1999 V reg Chimaera 500 in Starmist Blue/Magnolia Leather.

I would like to get a seven fairly soon, but would consider waiting if the right car was coming on the market in a few months - so let me know if your waiting for delivery of a R500 evo and planning on PX ing your car for example.

My details are:-

Simon Clark

Tonbridge, Kent (will travel)

tel 01732 361 886

mob 07919 015276

Thanks

Simon

Simon, I am selling my 99 SLR.Imaculate car with many extras.11,000 miles,JPE aeroscreen and half doors etc.Uprated springs, brakes, etc Ideal track day car .I do have separate wheels with slicks and wets also.Plus a trailer.The best looking Caterham you will find,Number plate L7 SLR.Let me know if you are interested.Home number is 01825 790800.Keith.

2002 Caterham "SLR".

1.8 K 235HP 160 ftlbs torque, full DVA modified cylinder head, 1227 Piper cams, Piper adjustable pulleys, Jenvey 42mm throttle bodies, Pico 480 injectors, carbon fibre trumpets and filter backing plate, adjustable fuel regulator, Emerald ECU, steel bottom end including Doug Kiddie Crank, Arrow Rods, Omega floating pistons, QED banded liners, steel oil pump gear, Vandervill bearings, lightened flywheel, AP 7.25 clutch, drysump oiling system, large alloy race radiator, braided stainless w/alloy fittings fuel line. Red Top battery relocated to boot, Quaife close ratio straight cut 5 speed 2.39 first with alloy cover, Quaife quick shift, ZF limited slip diff with 3.9 ratio. Mike Barnaby Magnesium wheels with 205/13 and 185/13 Avon AO48’s, carbon fibre nose cone, AWebb carbon fibre/kevlar cycle wings and rear wings, shortened cycle wing stays, Superlight R full roll cage, aeroscreen, Racetech mirrors, Stack 10K tach, sequential shift lights, FIA Cut off switch, S type leather seats as well as foam driver racing seat, modified Caterham AP brake kit, larger diameter AP rotors drilled with alloy bells, rear modified with AP alloy callipers and drilled rotors, AP racing master cylinder, braided stainless brake lines w/alloy fittings front and rear, wide track suspension and Dedion rear with Nitron fully adjustable dampers and springs, 22% quick rack, Momo wheel 280mm, quick release alloy steering hub.

Car currently weighs 500 Kilos with all fluids and half a tank of fuel.

Custom Pearl Metallic British Racing Green with Pearl Metallic Yellow Anniversary stripe.

This car built by experienced engineer and sympathetically modified to improve overall package. Registered in April 2002 and is on a current license plate. This car has done less than 3,000 miles and is in perfect condition. This is not a thrashed ex race car! It is road legal & includes 6months Tax.

Pictures can be seen at

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=22794&s=119

More pictures available on request.

To specify this car new would cost 40Kplus

Selling due to new project.

£22,999

David@york7464.freeserve.co.uk

I have an R500 Track orientated but all weather gear 7000 miles.

Search blatchat sales "Jules r500" For details posted by previous owner.

A few mods since. eg smaller headlights lower mudguard stays. additional oil temperature regulator, 22% rack. New ACBs.

John

07879 465401