Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bonded cycle wings and SVA

Colin Mill

I am just about to fit the cycle wings and hate the standard bolt-on method so I want to use either a glue on method (with RTV silicone or similar) or the BigHead method with zipstraps. Has anyone had any problems with the SVA test from using either of these methods?

Thanks

Colin

Colin - Sikaflex 292 (NOT 291 as this came off when I used it!) I have loads left if you are anywhere near Gosport? SVA shouldn't be a problem as CC bond them on anyway. If you need any info on fitting wings using BigHeads drop me an email and I'll send you all you need to know *thumbup*. I changed my wings 'cos I didn't like the side repeaters (needed for SVA) - I still have the originals with repeaters ready for MOT in 2 years time.

Roadsport build photo's here

Le Mans 2004 photo's here

Rob - Thanks for that. I'm glad I can bin the bolt-on scheme.

Grubbster - Many thanks for the kind offer. Unfortunately I'm near Manchester which would make it a good excuse for an extended blat were the car ready Is the Silkaflex similar to RTV i.e. has quite a bit of give in it even when cured?

Thanks again

Colin

PS the great thing about being near Manchester is being near the "Cat & Fiddle" road 😬

Mine too are bonded and passed SVA at Gillingham last week. As for the side repeaters, if you don't like them on the wings get some of the LED based ones and stick them on the sideskins just in front of the footwells and just and as high as you can whilst missing the top chassis rail. These also passed SVA.

See here. No connection just a happy customer.

Steve.