Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Data Logging

Paul Bowden

I don't know a whole lot about these things, but , would like to fit a data logger to my seven for sprints. Just want to see where I am making time, from one run to the next and where I am lossing time. What do I need, how much will it cost, how easy is it to fit. I have put an advert in "Wanted", so if you have what I need get in touch.

I have a DL90 installed, and the basic install was very simple. All I needed was a secure mounting point, I screw it to my boot floor, a power supply and a flat steel area for the magnetic GPS aerial, I used the base of my FIA roll bar.

Initial results with the DL90 were variable, and the problem was diagnosed to be the GPS aerial. Race Technologies has improved this from the initial released units, and upgraded sensors give much improved results.

I have extended my install to include, rpm, and a remote start/stop. I am going to include oil pressure, braking flag and throttle position over winter.

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

I have recently installed the new DL1 system and the biggest head ache I find is trying to get a good overlap map on a hillclimb/sprint as you’re not going round and round the same circuit but instead have a single start and end point. Anyone else have that issue?

Apart from that system is great *thumbup*

I have now bought my DL90 from Race Technologies . So it has the latest aerial and GPS "box" between aerial and the DL 90 itself. The instulation guide seems to suggest this "box" needs to be high up and in line of site with as much sky as possible. Do I need to mount this box on the roll hoop? This does not give a flat surface however. If I do this I will have a little black box and an aerial strapped to the roll bar. Any ideas *confused*