Click here if you are having website access problems ×

All hail the Ale

Steve-B

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'tis a noble thing to try, but after about you can't be 4rsed and you just go buy a pint glass anyway, so why waste the time. the stands will happily pour halves, as the glass has clear markings for it *thumbup* 😬 *tongue*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

That way I'll get to sample twice as many brews as you assuming we drink the same total volume (and yes, it is a contest *tongue*)

I'm having a week where I will not drink beer until the big day, nothing but cider is going to pass my lips, hhhhhmmmm 7.4%, lovely, hic 😬

Supercheese R250

*eek* 🙆🏻 i've been dry for more than a week, cept a couple of small biers sunday night

let's see:

liver *thumbup*

money *thumbup*

train card to olympia *thumbup*

buy pint glass

drink *thumbup*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 Lighten up everybody....NOW

USA 2005: How the West Was Driven

its true!

the half pint in a pint pot is the cunning clever way to go at beer festivals.. you ALWAYS get more like 3/4 of a pint..

😬 😬

I need to sort out my hotel (darn hilton has run out of rooms that they will let me spend my points on) still, but I'm planning on leave here arond 12:30 so hopefully in beer drinking mode by 5pm. You were aiming for 4pm weren't you steve?

.....quick update... hotel booked!!! nice one within staggering distance! decided that I should stop mincing around and spend the money (hey Roosss.... sound familar???)

and I know a GOOD kebab shop just roundthe corner. Its like a proper restaurant that sells REAL meet on a stick, rather than MR Dibllers patent applied for 'dog on a stick' (and your luck if its real dog..)

forget the kebab shop - there's a great tapas bar round the corner that isn't overpriced - opposite brook green hotel. On thursdays there's a comedy night at the brook green hotel/pub opposite too.

And if you're at olympia - got to george's (greasy spoon) for brekkie/lunch. it's where all the contractors go and you won't get bigger or better sarnies and a cuppa anywhere near!

Go out of the entrance by the tube station, follow the building around to the left. I think 3rd road on the right is the one you want (by the sorting office?) - or ask anyone in a yellow jacket