MIRA

Llandow

Harewood

Loton

Wiscombe

Aintree

Longcross

Shelsley Walsh???

for starters *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* and any others that come along or are suggested

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

Ah Longleat *smile*

Spent many an hour setting up for the hillclimb, which always happens on the 3rd weekend in September.

Up till last year, I was the Entries Secretary for the previous 5 years. An incredible popular venue, even running 150 cars each day (Sat and Sun are seperate events), I was turning away in excess of 30 entries of each day.

Run very well by Woolbridge Motor Club. I can get a contact for 2005 event to see if the Club can be an invited club, but I think getting all 30 odd entries in, would be very difficult. Having said that they select entries on date of receipt basis, so first come first served. Last year I was full both days within 5 days of the regs being posted out 😳

Simon Emmens Caterham and Pussy Photos here 😬

Edited by - Manxseven on 28 Jul 2004 11:48:39

Seems we're drifting off the original topic (sorry David), but as far as next years events are concerned, any chance of having more of our "own" events 🤔 Oh, and a few more events in the South(east) would be perfect 😬

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN

Andy

Are you putting your hand up Andy?, the problem is that staging our own events is quite a commitment both financially and time consuming. Whilst the intention is not to make money all to often we lose money on our events (Llandow and MIRA spring to mind). Both of these events are undersubscribed by a large margin and unless we get higher numbers at thesetwo events there is no way we would organise another event of our own.

The advantage of attending as invited clubs is that all the pain is taken away for the club and the event organisers are happy as they get a fuller entry, if you look at the numbers that attended Loton (everyone that applied got in) we had 45 entries, this is simply not enough to cover the cost of running the event. It also means that I /Dave/Barbara/Roger can actually enjoy the day.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but its the fact of life, if you want me to post a breakdown of costs for MIRA so you can see it I'm happy to do it

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

Thats why we should keep class 2 and 3 as close to origanal spec as posilble. This will help to attract a large number of club members that have standerd k's.

Whats next? Keep plugging sprints and hill climbs in low flyer and on blat chat, push for more entries at club monthly meets?

Oxford Meet had no compediters last year, this year 1(me), next year 3.

David

L7C events do have a special atmosphere but at the end of the day, they should pay for themselves and not be a burden on the club's finances.

I think it makes sense to invite other clubs to our events and try and get more invites to their events.....many hands and light work and all that......

The only problem is with restricted entries if we're invited to a sprint. People will understandably moan about not getting a drive and how it effects their championship bid. The way to solve this is to keep the number of events counting towards our championship down.

After a hi-vis (pocketted side) driver's door if anyone's got one? *thumbup*

I quite like the invited events as you get to see other machinery besides a bunch of caterhams 😬

but nothing to beat the club event atmosphere *thumbup*

it is a pity that events such as llandow and MIRA are under scribed yet curbugger is always over subscribed *confused*

so David with regard

Thats why we should keep class 2 and 3 as close to origanal spec as posilble

what have you been doing in your garage recently 🤔 taking your car back to 'original' spec 😬

I am all for keeping the regs the same and simple as they are now, has anyone really complained about them 🤔 and I don't mean the usual banter 😬 🤔

rob

steady on now .

we dont want any more than 65 entires at Llandow ......... any more we may not be able to do 6 runs 😬 *thumbup*

Organising the events is time consuming and stressful , but enjoyable if you know what I mean *confused* which reminds me - I must book Llandow for the sprint next year .....

And without sounding like I am battering Andy N , the representation from the South East is very poor , the turnout at llyden reflects this plus I had just 5 entries come to Llandow for the weekend from the south east of Heathrow - where 80% of the Caterham owners are supposed to live !!! . The general opinion was that everywhere is miles from anywhere .......... 🙆🏻 *thumbdown*

Secondly the biggest problem with events in the South East is simply the lack of venues . Hillclimbing and sprints have never been popular in that area .

Lotus 7 Club Speed Champion 2003 *eek*

South Wales Area Organiser *smile*

C7 TOPhere *tongue*

Depending on how big you consider the South East to be, there's at least:

Lydden

Goodwood

North Weald

Debden

Hethel

Wethersfield

Millbrook (ooh, that'd be fun)

Abingdon

Longcross

Eelmoor

No hills any more though :-( Maybe someone should have a word with Lord March...

Mike

Without wanting to overburden our very patient and thankfully enthusiastic competition secretary............ *smile*

How about checking whether the Isle of Man has an event on next year? Expensive but worth every penny in terms of the experience!

Ken

😬

Lydden - yep ........ bloody miles away from Gatwick tho mister ........

Goodwood - too expensive and too quiet

North Weald - didnt think it was still available as a MSA venue ?

Debden - ?

Hethel - Carrotland not south east .......... bloody miles away Mister

Wethersfield - ?

Millbrook (ooh, that'd be fun) - is this MSA sprint approved ? , mountain circuit x 2 laps please !

Abingdon - yep posible venue

Longcross - yep possible venue , big scary trees :-))

Eelmoor - ??

*wink* *thumbup*

Are you coming out to play next season Mike 🤔 😬 *thumbup*

I thought there was issues around noise and number of events at Abingdon *confused* there is the CARnival thing they do there once a year

Isle of Man - would be very definatly interested if this is on in 2005

Pembrey - if it was a double header /weekend would be interested *thumbup*