Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Agghhhh - keys locked in car!!!

TomB

Just locked my car keys in the Corsa. I am due at a wedding reception in an hour. The RAC say upto 2 hours to rescue me.

I was just getting my suit out of the car from the hanger in the back, & slam the door, turn around to go into the office to get changed. Realise my keys are in the car. Swear. Lots.

*mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Meant to say - did the same with a Mondeo, placed the keys on the boot floor, shut the boot, forgot that the doors were locked *mad*

All this on a Sunday night in a wee village in the North of England, when i had to be in Chesterfield later on!

Local Police put me onto the local Ford dealer, mech on call came & did the biz for a tidy back-hander *thumbup*

Rrrrrrrrrrrrossssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! *arrowright* here *wink*

You should call the AA..

When I locked my keys in the car, the AA man rubbed his bottom on the lock and it suddenly unlocked, I was suitable impressed and asked him how he did that to which he replied " easy its my Khaki trousers" 😬 😬

Pah! That's nothing...

When I lived in Dubai, I locked my keys in the car twice.

On the first occassion, I was stuck in the middle of the desert with my 4x4 - with the engine running (and the GPS inside the car too, so getting a grid-reference for any rescue would have been tricky - and the car would have run out of fuel by then anyway.

The second time happened in the multi-storey car park at my residence. I was advised to call the police (using 999! - I called the local station and they told me to dial it!!!).

The soltution in the first case was to smash a window with a convenient pointy rock (a hammer just bounced off, leaving a knuckle-shaped dent in the window frame...) Lucky that I happened to be on a rare rocky outcrop in the desert...

The second solution was basically a car thief recommended by the police... Very dodgy looking geezer. Still - did the job, and the car didn't mysteriously go walkies either.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Well the RAC to their credit came out in 45 minutes. It took about 2 minutes ti break into the car - they lifted a rubber seal on the window, used a inflatble bag to open the gap up between the glass & the frame & used a bit of wire to lift the lock!! There, now you all know how to steal a car!!

I got to the wedding an hour late. which could ave been worse!!