Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sticking to the point

maritain

i know that these are free chat rooms and one cannot compel anyone to do anything. but it would help if apart from censoring, the m oderator would also kind of make sure that the replies are in line with the topic or question asked. i got 17 replies to a question whixh is of importance to me and only 1 such question was about caterham 7s.

i understand that most people might not care about what i asked, but they they they're not bound to give a reply to my question!

the creation of another chat room for stuff which has no connection with caterhams may help!?

drive a seven ,

experience heaven!

I've been on a conference system called cix for 8 years now, and in my experience it's nigh-on impossible to herd the participants like that. Threads will wander mercilessly, and if you break up the conference structure too finely, it just makes the problem worse. Strict moderation of topics to weed out wibble has a negative effect on the feel of a free flowing exchange of ideas.

It's a tricky thing, but again IME, best bet is to start another thread with a light hearted foot-stamp about it getting hijacked smile.gif

That's my two pence on the subject.