Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Moral dilemma

GTD

I packed in my safe old IT job and became a contractor in January. I was offered some work through an agency and completed the job to everyone's satisfaction by mid May. But most of the money they owed me failed to materialise. They claimed 'cash flow'.

Two weeks ago ttoday they claimed that they had made me a CHAPS payment of £2,000 into my account. It didn't appear. They couldn't trace it. They sent me a screen dump of their on-line bank account saying it had been sent. No money appeared.

This Monday they got a solicitor's letter on my behalf. Guess what - yesterday the cheque hit my doormat for full amount.

BUT also yesterday, the £2,000 finally appeared in my account with no reference, just marked INTERNATIONAL'. I am £2,000 up *thumbup*

My dilemma then is do I keep the £2,000 and spend it on engine internals?

Or should I use it to buy Mrs GTD a third wedding anniversary present?

(Third = leather *tongue* )

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad (Apart from tax disc holders!) *wink* - Cranks W *mad*RSE

619 GTD here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law changed this year to help prevent money laundering - any "double payments" for work carried out MUST be returned and it is YOUR duty to sort it out unfortunately!

We nearly got stung by this one recently when someone paid by company cc then on receipt of the invoice marked PAID WITH THANKS, paid it again....

☹️ Oh ar$e - I guess I'll wait until I know the cheque hasn't bounced!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad (Apart from tax disc holders!) *wink* - Cranks W *mad*RSE

619 GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 23 Jul 2004 12:40:13

*thumbup* of course - we're at Brands Hatch for a track day on 15 August (it's a Sunday) if that's any good for you?

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Morals are ..

a) French Mushrooms or

b) An Oxfordshire beer

as Ethics is a county north of Kent.

Therer are no other real meanings

Put the cash in a savings account , earn intrest and wait for a claim.........

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Edited by - Delbert on 23 Jul 2004 20:55:01

Dave - see you on the 15th then - I've been picking up some fashion hints from Paul, so you won't have too many problems finding us in the paddock!

😳 😳 😳

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here