Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brand New Lucas Electronic Ignition Main Kit

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

Having a little garage clearout and came across this new & boxed item!! It was an optional extra sold by Caterham for the Supersprint cars in the 80/90's.

Not sure if its still current now but its brand new with the original fittings. It has the model code DAB100 on the box. Not sure how much its worth but how about £40 as they were nearly £70 in 1988 *confused*

I can send pics of a dusty box if you are interested 😬 and the shiny new ignition pack *wink*

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Nick

If this is the complete kit to convert a Lucas distributor to electronic ignition can I have first dibs please?

Thanks

Tony

Edited to say I am out of the office all day tomorrow…

Edited by - Tony L on 22 Jul 2004 23:56:38

• Area Representative

Hi Tony,

Looking at the instructions It is the kit to convert the typical contact breaker distributor system to a contactless one. Its the silver finned box that is mounted on the bulkhead plus wiring harness and fittings. In the fitting kit is the capteur (sensor) that fits in the distributor. The rotor flash shield (chopper) isn't with the kit but I assume that can be obtained from Lucas.

Cheers

Nick

sorry to possibly pour cold water on this but I think that system is obsolete now, so if any bits missing could be buggered - im sure ive been told Lucas dont have any parts for this now.

I could be wrong.....

• Area Representative

Richard *thumbup*

Otherwise I was going to suggest it as a spare for any Xflow owners out there already with the system.

Nick

• Area Representative

Tony - no problem at all *thumbup*

Chris - any ideas of websites to try?

Anyone else out there with a XF supersprint want a replaement or spare for the future?

Cheers

Nick