Click here if you are having website access problems ×

advice re: yoko A021R

James King

Having recently acquired my vvc. I have noticed that it has michellins on the front and yoko's on the back!!! It seems to drive ok, but this mix is a little worrying.

for mainly road and occasional track use is the 021 a good choice. thought the 032's would be too soft. I was also considering Bridgestone S-02's anyone got these on a seven. Is there a weight issue with them?

I know this is a common topic on here but any direct advice would be appreciated.

jk

I have Bridgstone's on my 1700 ss, they seem reasonable as a road tyre, although can be a bit UNsure if pressing on with the loud pedal. Seem to last a long time though. I will be changing to Yokos when these wear out.

Happy Motoring. thumbsup.gif C7 WJW.

21Rs are a great compromise road tyre. Better in the wet than the Michelin Pilots I used to have and infintely better in the dry. The only downside is that they wear out quicker (I've managed about 7k miles I think on my rears, v over 24k on Pilots without being illegal).

32Rs are meant to be better in the dry but not as good as 21Rs in the wet. I'll be testing this theory out in the next month or so.

If you try a set of 21Rs I doubt you'll go back to anything less sticky...

Thought I would add my two pennys worth.

I run a VX and have 2 sets of 13 inch wheels - one has 185/60 A21s all round, the other has 185 fronts and 205 rears A32s.

Whilst the A32s do provide noticeably more grip than the 21s, I actually prefer the feel of the car on the 21s.

There is far more sidewall compliance with the 21s, this not only gives me a better ride quality, ( I do run the car too stiff though ) but for me the steering feel is better, it is lighter with more finess, and provides more feedback.

If you are not serious about trackwork, then I would stick with A21s

Alan