Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Fog light breakages

Mike Ellis

Is this the lens cracking around the screws and detaching itself? I 'lost' mine this way - I've got a picture of me exiting the chicane at Goodwood taken a few nano-seconds after the foglight lens gave up the ghost, it's about 6 feet away from the car in the picture.

I reckon that over-tightening the screws can crack the plastic.

Mike

Mike - The fitting goes from seemingly fine to dangling from the cable totally smashed for no apparent reason. The only thing I recall doing to it earlier the day it broke was to douse it in petrol accidentally. Never mind, I'll get another one, perhaps it can be fitted without taking out the tank.

wink.gif

Regards

Mike E

• 3 weeks later...

The lens and the case were both smashed, twice. I recently spoke to Len Unwin @ CC and he said petrol would weaken the body of the unit, so it was probably that which caused it to crack and become detached, then destroying itself in the wind. Unfortunate for it to be under the filler cap! Len did promise me a new unit FOC, I'll just have to be careful filling it up in future.

Regards

Mike

Sorry chaps but I don't subscribe to the 'petrol' theory. Mine broke during assembly of the kit (discovered at first washing of the beast)and I'm damn sure that I did not clobber it during construction.

Pete