Click here if you are having website access problems ×

car for sale on behalf of fellow member

Crudders

• Area Representative

FOR SALE ON BEHALF OF FELLOW MEMBER:

1986 Caterham Super 7 Sprint short cockpit/live axle/cycle wing (just as Colin intended!); totally rebuilt in 1996 including full chassis restoration, re-skin in new ali and new paint (all over red) by Arch Motors; 185 bhp Roger King 1800cc X-flow (dyno print-out available); QED rev limiter/shift light and 10,000 rpm tacho (RK says engine safe to 8,000 rpm but never put to the test by current owner!); James Whiting high capacity aluminium sump; oil cooler with thermostat; twin 45 DCOE's; Lumenition; Graham Sykes built Quaife 4 speed straight cut/close ratio box; 3.6:1 Ital axle; Yokahama 60 profile A509/510's on 4 spoke 13" x 6" revolutions; EBC Turbogroove discs and Greenstuff pads; uprated springs on adjustable platforms; Luke 4 point harnesses; FIA roll bar; Caterham Racetech suede rimmed steering wheel; heater; weather gear; extensive history file.

This is a smart, unthrashed and obsessively maintained car with virtually every component replaced and/or upgraded from the original spec. Sales don't come much more reluctant than this. £9,650.00.

Unfitted upgrades also available, either with car or separately, POA: 4.1:1 diff assembly with Quaife torque biasing LSD and Carbon Component Company carbon fibre dash.

Contact Richard - H: 020 8300 5110, M: 07974 927618, E: brunero@bigfoot.com

Crudders

Edited by - crudders on 1 Jul 2001 20:01:05

• Area Representative

Chris, I really must remember to bring an ample supply of socks with me to the North Kent meeting tomorrow.

The current owner of this motor is 5'9" and I'm 5'10". I find the short cockpit more comfortable to drive than my long cockpit, in which I have to slide forward in the (fixed) seat slightly to reach the pedals - not ideal for a back sufferer.

I seem to remember reading that Colin Chapman was 5'9" tall and he designed all Loti around himself.

When I was deciding on the spec. for my kit I was advised by several people not to go for the long cockpit unless I needed the length because the short cockpit was lighter and stiffer, and you could easily fit in a much stronger Ford rear axle - important for the racing plans I had back then. I can't remember why I went for a long cockpit - it certainly wasn't for the passenger space cos my girlfriend at the time was only 5'4".

And as for the SV - by the time I'd adjusted the seat to get comfortable I could have fitted in a rear seat passenger.....

Bloody hell, is that windbagitis of yours contagious?

Edited by - crudders on 2 Jul 2001 07:59:39

Chris, I'd say you've just been told to shut up!wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Crudders. I'll bring some socks as well......I'm concerned that as CC has ben posting less on BT lately, he could make up for it in person tonight!

Arnie Webb

The Car in Front is Full of Lard....wink.gif

See Fat Arnies LardMobile here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

Edited by - fat arnie on 3 Jul 2001 07:58:11

• Area Representative

I'd heard you were into that kind of thing Fatboy. I shall be seeing your namesake on the beach at Brighton tomorrow courtesy of Channel 4 by the way.

wouldn't you know it - I left the house with five socks and came back with four. I'm used to the washing machine eating them but it's coming to something when you can't let your socks near Area Organisers' orifices without fear of losing them.

Chris, could you check your holes for a stray wool/lycra mix, colour faded black?

Anyway, some replies saying something like "yes, that is the car I'm looking for, I wanna buy it" would be welcome. It really is a superb motor.

Crudders

Damn, damn, damn! you are quite correct Crudders, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Isn't it always the same, I bet the moment I have the cash I won't find a thing. I hope your mate sells it, but there is no way I can do it at the moment.

Thanks.

Andrew

• Area Representative

Ah, yes, but if you waited until you had the money you'd never buy anything. Application of that philosophy has got me where I am today - er, in debt.

Anyway, the situation has(sadly)changed somewhat. I have e.mailed you direct Andrew.

I hope my thesis on the long cockpit/short cockpit conundrum elsewhere on blat chat came in handy by the way...

Windbag status will surely be mine some day soon.

Crudders

I'm 6'2" and a bit and had a short cockpit car for 2 years...

I made my own seat and was rather reclined in the seat with my long legs under the dash. It was fine... 6 point belts essential. I don't fancy submarining.

I was much lower down in the car then compared with a standard seat in the long cockpit De dion car.

Have long cockpit De Dion now and own seat of course.

I bought the sc car in Sweden where choice for off the peg cars was non existant.

• Area Representative

Following several requests I now have available a couple of photographs of the car stored in the bowels of my computer.

I dare say there is an easy way of linking these to the ad but this luddite likes to do things the hard way, so e.mail me on brunero@bigfoot.com and i'll attach them to my reply.

The car is still for sale but for reasons I won't go into here is not immediately available.

Crudders