Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shedly Support Required

Crudders

• Area Representative

For those of you who rarely stray upstairs, could I prevail upon you to take a peek here 🤔

A good friend, well, ex-girlfriend to be precise, is trying to drum up all the support she can for this fine listed building, which is going to be on t'telly on Sunday night.

Fankoo.

Crudders the Shedi Master*

* It must be true - Noger said so 😬

• Area Representative

That's true MM - it has all gone rather strange up there of late. And thanks for the BTTT on the main thread *thumbup*

db - cucumber fingers, or "batons" as the restaurant trade would have us call them are (to quote Michael Caine in Alfie) "puffed up and poncified".

Give me proper disc shaped slices any day of the week. And vegetables with my main course in something other than a "medley" (wtf?). And if my food has sauce or any kind of gunge on it p-l-e-a-s-e can it not be called a "jus" *mad*

C

• Area Representative

MM - I believe the correct notation for the cucumber bits in crispy duck pancakes is straws, rather than fingers or the dreaded batons. Just about acceptably PU&P I reckon.

C

Julienne (do you mind if I call you Julienne?) might be the other option for those fingers. It all depends on the cross-section - anything upto half a centimetre is julienne*, otherwise its a baton. Of course, they are all "fingers".

Cucumbers for dipping are usually batons, as you point out, but something finer might be interesting. If it held together.

In duck pancakes julienne is the order.

I'm not sure I really ought to start on what a jus is ... (reduced deglazed pan juices)

* note that they can be "fine" or "matchstick" within the julienne category.

My ... Preciousss!

Member #109**

Edited by - db on 16 Jul 2004 18:19:01

• Area Representative

A very real risk Delbert - don't even allow yourself to think it *eek* The old treasure has been there for 230 years and with an injection of money (et sans alumettes) should be preserved for all time.

Oh my gawd db - julienne. Now I'm really depressed. Is it necessary for food preparations to have such puffed up names *confused*

I'm off out for some scoops of ale and a ruby murray now - good weekends all, and don't forget to vote for Severndroog *smile*

C