Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

switches bulk buy - there's a question in here for anyone wanting a challenge as well

henry21p

OK - have an offer for a better price on the switches that I have been after to replace the 'tractor' style switches.

Will suit anyone who wants something better looking, or has had nice stck kit fitted and thinks that the tractor style is out of keeping with the others.

I am getting 8 switches already - so here's the deal:

DT list them at 17.50 excluding VAT

I can organise a bulk buy for 13.99 a switch INCLUDING VAT and delivery to 1 location (me!)

The details of the switches are:

Aluminium, LED lit switches, covering: Start, font/rear fog, heated screen, sidelight, headlight, main beam, plain (no design), hazard(red), washers, aircon, alarm (can use this just as a good looking indicator lamp for alarm activated).

Alternative designs/backlight colours can be included as long as I have over 20 orders for that particular design - the only two that I need is one with a FAN symbol for my fan override and cockpit fan.

The front bezel and screen are Anodised Aluminium. The body of the switch is plastic (Flame retardant PBT).

The maximum current rating of this switch is 10A/12VDC.

The Electrical life of this switch is 50,000 operations

The Switches are manufactured in an ISO9001 approved factory and are suitable for all levels of motor sport.

They are used on tha JP1 and certain elises/exiges I believe.

photos can be found on www.caterham21.com/technical, as can the datasheet for anyone that wants it.

P523 BPB - Caterham 21 Captain Scarlet Evolution

www.caterham21.com

Edited by - dave21p on 20 Jul 2004 12:19:12

Hmm, I've had it in the back of my mind to buy a blank ali dash for some time, actually. Much cheaper and easier to work with, and as a committed aeroscreener with shiftlights etc. above the scuttle, my required switch and dial count is very low indeed.

What is the timeframe for this BB?

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I can hang on for a while! I need an order for a total of 20 switches before I can proceed. I am having 8 to start with

If I can get enough together for a few extra designs relevant to the 7's and 21's (the fan switch being one design, if you think of any more let me know) then I need 20 orders to be able to place "custom" button orders.

I will initially say 4 weeks to try and give everyone a deadline, but I can always get more on people's behalves in a second bb later on. You never know, I might even buy an excess just in case.

The switches have connectors on the back, though if someone wants to assist me I am sure that I can come up with a suitable rail to fit them in. Bear in mind that any stuff I do with them will be for the 21 unless people specifically want me to design something else.

David

www.caterham21.com

I've done a bit more research and have a couple more questions:

Are all the LEDs blue - cool as blue is I'm not sure I'd go for an entirely blue dash?

They don't appear to be suitable replacements for my wiper (and possibly other switches - headlamp?) which are more than on/off - they are all DPST?

Alan

N7CTR 1.8VVC

I can do other colours dependant on volume... standard are blue.

I think there is a washers/wipers one...

Lights - I am rigging one button for sidelights on then one for headlights - there is a 3rd item optional for full beam though I have that on a stalk...

If you want to look at the range, I think icon styling do list them all on the internet (I don't know the address, just do a search!)

For other buttons, I am using plain lit buttons and adding my own symbol (not transparent) unless anyone here fancies some delicate etching? (any jewellers about). They can be supplied with the button portion removed ready for etching if anyone wants... (That would enable us to create ANY design if anyone felt brave!).

They also do plain coloured lenses for the centre to allow them to be used as indicator lamps as well. Green/blue/red i think

www.caterham21.com

Due to pressure from people, I am now looking to add an ally rotary 3 and 2 position switch to the setup for fan controls/lights controls.

This will work with the switches acting as lamps to show sidelights/headlights/foglights as appropriate and look v nice, just can't find a suitable 3 position rotary aluminium switch.

Can anyone help here?

www.caterham21.com

*biggrin*

You naughty boy - you should be out blatting if it's your day off - especially in this weather.

I've been looking around for ally rotary switches but nothing really matches - they mostly look like they've been nicked from 70s Hi-Fi equipment.

N7CTR 1.8VVC

not a happy chappy is an understatement

How much bad luck can one person have that is not down to poor decisions on their own part?

Have been told that possibly Alex Wong is the only man unluckier, and some of that was self inflicted.